Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you feel you are not smart enough to be on any tracker?

OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    the fantastic thing with trackers is that you don't have to be smart to be member.
    But some would disagree with you. For example, I was once told by a member of a private site, "Go back to mininova where you belong." At least one staffer from a private site called me a retard a few times (not in a joking way) and at least two VIP members called me a retard many times (also, not in a joking way). And that's why I am asking you if some of you feel some people are not smart enough to be members of any private tracker?

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    But some would disagree with you. For example, I was once told by a member of a private site, "Go back to mininova where you belong." At least one staffer from a private site called me a retard a few times (not in a joking way) and at least two VIP members called me a retard many times (also, not in a joking way). And that's why I am asking you if some of you feel some people are not smart enough to be members of any private tracker?
    That definitely sounds a bit harsh... especially if you were being genuine and don't have a history of messing around or acting like an idiot...

I guess some people just don't have any patience...

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    the fantastic thing with trackers is that you don't have to be smart to be member.
    C'mon, VIPS are people who paid to be able to call you retard. It's one of the perks you get when you donate.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 12-21-2009 at 12:45 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    C'mon, VIPS are people who paid to be able to call you retard. It's one of the perks you get when you donate.
    Quite a lot of the time they're retards who pay to leech, avoid automatic warnings and have no right to throw insults at anyone else

Although I hasten to add, this isn't always the case. There are genuine VIP's who actually care about their site and their community but generally wouldn't start calling people retards for nothing in my experience

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Honestly , given the level of the average forum post, most of the time I think I'm too smart to be on any tracker.
    I suspect you're half-joking, but if talking seriously for a second: do what thou wilt.

I know all about squandered intelligence, and as good as it is to use intelligence and talent to ones fullest potential, it's still your life and your choices, the main thing at the end of the day is whether you're happy doing whatever you're doing or not.

We are what we are.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdasacd View Post
    We are what we are.
    that's deep
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdasacd View Post
    We are what we are.
    that's deep
    I kno

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Benjamin's Avatar Poster
    Uh.. I can't relate to this at all.
    "She tried to be sexy, I asked her can you stop, I want the real deal I don't want a hand job."

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    OlegL, you are just fine. Don't let the assholes get to you. You and I went through a period when I was, well, less than nice to you. :blush: However, you stopped the negative behavior that I disliked and now we are friends.

There are 11,500 active members (as of a couple days ago) on FST. That's a lot of potential nice people, idiots, average people, assholes, etc. You can't worry about all of them. Find people with similar interests, those who can and are willing to help, and even people who want to get information from you.

Share what you know. It's OK to be wrong. It is also OK to defend yourself. Life will teach you when to do each of these.

Take care, OlegL. Feel free to PM me if you have trouble or questions. That's why you are on my friends list...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast