Thread: binsearch and sabnzbd

1. When I download stuff with firefox from binsearch with sabnzbd+ all the stuff gets folder names similar to 12230232 so when all is downloaded it's a hazzle know what is what.

is there a way to make a game get it's real name as folder instead of bunch of numbers?

2. Is there any usenet client that lets on download/extract games to one folder, movies to one folder and tv to other folder?

with torrents this can be done easily, don't know about usenet seems like alot of time will be wasted sorting folder names and sorting them into game/movie/tv folders.

3. what is the best usenet client, I can't grabit because alot of downloaded stuff there almost alway is 4-5rar left for release making it impossible to download/extract.

the problem with sabnzbd is that sometimes it won't load when clickin on sabnzbd.exe nothing happens and in firefox it's not there. also it seems as it's a hazzle to download usin sabnzbd first the file has to be saved to pc then nzbdstatus will direct it to sabnzbd(takes 5 klick for each nzb).

Also Is there any way to use sabnzbd without nzbstatus? when I wodnload a nzb and choose open program sabnzbd nothing happens.

if sabnzbd is already open the ff will open new tab saying port 0880 is already taken.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Name your NZB files when you download them with Firefox....

Yesh NewsLeecher, and Altbinz to repair and extract.

I use Newsleecher, search the NZB index, it's in there
    [center]

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    BANNED
    The latest version of SAB (0.5beta) will associate itself with NZB files, so it can be used without nzbdstatus. However, that method doesn't allow for tight integration with newzbin, which is what SABs category/folder system was designed for.

Short of switching to newzbin, there's nzbindex.nl which will give you an NZB that is named after the content. Although it'll never be as precise as Newzbin.

Quote Originally Posted by 0990pollp View Post
    also it seems as it's a hazzle to download usin sabnzbd first the file has to be saved to pc then nzbdstatus will direct it to sabnzbd(takes 5 klick for each nzb).
    SABnzbd + Newzbin + NzbdStatus = One click;

Last edited by c0ld; 12-23-2009 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    You will be able to do that with FST once we update the board, and NZBs.org also has that feature. Our RSS feeds are fecked and is the reason you can't do it here now, but when the file name is named 123568 it's hard, reason I alwasy save them as the file name, just an extra click, becasue I'll let the NZB set for weeks before I'll download it....I do know Newsleecher has when you save the zip to whatever ever file name you want, if you click auto-import it will auto add the NZB zips from whatever folder you set it as.
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 12-25-2009 at 02:57 AM.
    [center]

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    atm I download a file then if nzbdstatus doesn redirect it I open it manually with sabnzbd, I'm getting huge speed losses so I might just abandon usenet or try alt.binz or go back to grabit(kind of crap)
    Last edited by 0990pollp; 12-29-2009 at 02:30 AM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    1) SAB betas let you rename otherwise rename the NZb file first.

2) SAB can do this with categories I believe.

3) SAB is the best, bookmark the page...

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    One post up from yours, users says he gets a huge speed loss using SAB...saying it's the best is like comparing Ford to Chevy as one put it, or Apples to Oranges or Pears for that matter.
    [center]

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    One post up from yours, users says he gets a huge speed loss using SAB...saying it's the best is like comparing Ford to Chevy as one put it, or Apples to Oranges or Pears for that matter.
    User error.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Bah, it could be any kind of error.
    [center]