Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Noob's guide to usenet

Great guide - Just wish I had seen it a year ago when I started using usenet!

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    smiffytheref
    hello everyone. i am new here.. so please wouid like some help to some questions, if poss.

1..i want to start downloading films and music.. please tell me what are the best sites to do that from..
    2..i want to get away from limewire. thats the only place i get my music from.so wouid be greatful if you can tell me best place to down load from.
    sorry if i sound a little green. to all this but being new i know someone out there will be able to help..

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by wildgoose1uk View Post
    Great guide - Just wish I had seen it a year ago when I started using usenet!
    lol +1
    good idea though,, useful, ty

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Testimonial
    I used this guide to get myself setup, of course it was a stepping stone to look at all the options out there. So thank you very much Rart!

By the way, my starting combo was
    Giganews (provider)
    Alt.binz (client)
    NZBIndex (indexer)

And it's working out great so far

EDIT:
    Since I've had some time with it, I've settled on Astraweb as my provider and usually use binsearch.info as my indexer. Have had no need yet to acquire a backup provider. Giganews was just too expensive for me.
    Last edited by mjmacky; 09-11-2010 at 09:55 AM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Thanks for the guide bro, it's a nice breakdown and exactly what i needed for an overview.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Thanks. I was always curious what usenet was about.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Well done newsgroups are great if you know how to use them and this post has some really good information for new users.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    This came in really handy...I was actually gonna ask if I couldn't find any info on this. Thx!

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    Nice guide, thanks!
    Just wanted to mention - there are free news servers around that provide free access to the newsgroups. So, if one doesn't have a provider - do some search, and you are in busuness

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    Good info. I am totally new to newsgroups, so this helps alot.

If I d/l from newsgroups is that more secure? Is it it private, as opposed to d/l from Pirate Bay? Thx

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast