Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Noob's guide to usenet

Quote Originally Posted by dmace1 View Post
    If I d/l from newsgroups is that more secure? Is it it private, as opposed to d/l from Pirate Bay? Thx
    Usenet is much more secure than TPB in about every aspect.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    Thank you. It cleared many of my doubts regarding usenet.

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    Well. i read your guide. but still i don't know how to burn to dvd. i download windows 7 in 3 different versions. The first file say: alt.binaries.b4e(windows 7 dream edition) 2.97 gb.- - - the second file alt. binaries.boneless2.6) GB. ....and the third Bie 7u861010.part46(incomplete)RAR....the fourth file is FILE MASTER ( empty) what i do with this .. when i download windows 7 home edition from a link, i just transfer to my dvd burner y zap..ready. please i need some advise, but step by step because i just start to learn about this.thank you.

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    link2009's Avatar NZBer
    Quote Originally Posted by coludito View Post
    Well. i read your guide. but still i don't know how to burn to dvd. i download windows 7 in 3 different versions. The first file say: alt.binaries.b4e(windows 7 dream edition) 2.97 gb.- - - the second file alt. binaries.boneless2.6) GB. ....and the third Bie 7u861010.part46(incomplete)RAR....the fourth file is FILE MASTER ( empty) what i do with this .. when i download windows 7 home edition from a link, i just transfer to my dvd burner y zap..ready. please i need some advise, but step by step because i just start to learn about this.thank you.
    I am not exactly sure what you mean by you got 3 different version of Windows 7.

From what I gather, you've downloaded 3 different version of Windows 7 and don't know how to burn the disc...

If you have multiple RAR files, use WinRAR to unrar them. Then you can use an application such as ImgBurn to burn an image file (iso, bin etc...). If not, just burn the disc.

5. Newsgroups   -   #25
    I'm glad I found this guide.

6. Newsgroups   -   #26
    UltraSeed's Avatar Poster
    Thank you for all that information!
    I seen more intelligent ... Thank you
    Last edited by UltraSeed; 11-24-2010 at 11:01 PM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #27
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    Thanks for the info. Been using torrents for 6+ years & never really tried the newsgroup/nzb thing before. I'm giving Astraweb & NewsLeecher a try...seems to be working out pretty well.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

8. Newsgroups   -   #28
    Perfect and easy guide. It's really simple and i've read it while i was still just a guest but now it's time to thank you for this great effort

Thanks alot.

9. Newsgroups   -   #29
    worldpease's Avatar always annoying
    Yeah I agree, I just did made my first (successful) trial download from Usenet using another guide in the web,
    but then I came here to see what more useful info I could find
    and I read your guide, it really puts it all on perspective, so simple, thank you.

10. Newsgroups   -   #30
    Thanks for this useful guide. I now know more about accessing newsgroups.
    CHeers

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast