Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Noob's guide to usenet

colombianino's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Blast View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post

Well, yes, there are ways to get free access. Do a little search in the forum and you'll find some
    Do u mean trial ?
    I am a newbie for it and i tried but i could not find it .
    could someone plz help me ?
    here's a link for you. it's not the same as if you were paying (faster speeds mostly) but you get to use it for free.
    https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/4...enet-4-f*r*e*e

one of them is also unlimited, just read over it.
    There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.
    Albert Einstein

2. Newsgroups   -   #62

Surprised/Amazed

Hello all!

I downloaded a movie but there is no file extension. Winrar, hjsplit, and 7zip doesn't recognize the files.

The ext is just numbers like .99 .98 .97

3. Newsgroups   -   #63
    Quote Originally Posted by douche View Post
    Hello all!

I downloaded a movie but there is no file extension. Winrar, hjsplit, and 7zip doesn't recognize the files.

Run the included par2 file with either multipar http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA021385/ or quickpar http://www.quickpar.org.uk/
    It'll rename the files and then you can use your program of choice to unpack the set.

EDIT: Can we get this stickied or something? I get asked this question way too often.

EDIT2: Thank you mods.
    Last edited by piercerseth; 09-28-2013 at 08:07 PM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #64
    Quote Originally Posted by douche View Post
    Hello all!

Thank You! I DL multipar and that did the trick. I have downloaded these kinds of files before and quickpar usually renamed them but for some reason quickpar didnt work.

5. Newsgroups   -   #65
    rhyz66's Avatar Member
    I downloaded LT3-FLT on here and every file that needed repair would not rename themselves no matter what i did with multipar or my altbinz client.. I then decided to download it again the parts that needed repair and everytime manually changing the file name as it came in because it did register in the par2 part of altbinz allowing me to see the parts name (yet still would not change in my explorer) but after 3 hours of waiting for parts to decode because of missing parts, and changing the name everytime (meaning i had to wait on every file because if it all decoded at once i couldn't see what it was supposed to be named) it flat out failed to repair itself regardless of me changing the files to the correct name and having over 2000 spare blocks for repair.....
    Nightmare really...

So if these odd numbered files that need to be renamed require repair, does that mean they wont rename putting you in the same boat as me then?

6. Newsgroups   -   #66
    MysticRiffs's Avatar Super Ninja Smurf
    You need to turn off the auto repair feature temporarily, or you'll be fighting your client for the naming rights of the files in question. QuickPar/MultiPar should be fine to do its job, then, if there's no client monitoring the folder. If Multipar still doesn't find everything (it happens), click the Add button, select any old file, then hit CTRL + A to select everything. Click Okay, and let it scan through again.

Note, sometimes this will leave left over files with the original file name, although everything else appears successful. This is normal and those files can be discarded safely, after you've extracted normally.

To name a thing, is to pay it respect.

7. Newsgroups   -   #67
    I am completely new to this. I downloaded, ran multipar and now it says: 89.2% loss. 1761 additional blocks needed. Now what?

8. Newsgroups   -   #68
    Well that means you dont have enough blocks/parts to unpar them, have you looked and see how many pieces it says on the site you got it from to see if it matches how many you have?
    Try and find all the missing bits to unpar them

9. Newsgroups   -   #69
    junghansmega: Without knowing your provider and assuming you grabbed your nzb from here, anything with that kind of loss % is going to be irreparable. Here's your 2nd lesson regarding usenet: get a block account.

10. Newsgroups   -   #70
    For FLT releases, you can use WinRar, just browse the dir, select the flt-xx.001 file click extract and it'll do the trick.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast