Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: need seedbox with root access around $30-60 per month

SalsaMan's Avatar vamos a bailar! BT Rep: +2
    Hey guys,

I've spent a few hours browsing through topics on here, haven't really found anything that suits my needs that is available and has good recommendations.

What kinda seedbox I'm looking for:

$30-60 month (no setup fees)
    Unlimited Traffic
    Good speeds - at least 3 mb/s up
    Root access - need to use winrar, etc
    Good reviews/recommendations
    Shared is fine, dedicated would be best

Thanks for all input, much appreciated
    mental note: get better sig

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    HDlover's Avatar Member BT Rep: +1
    www.feralhosting.com

recommended

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    you need OLD kimsufi L box you rare now try seedhost.net they have lot of them 38 euro for box

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    For a time i used a semi-dedicated in superseedbox, i think it was ok, but for the same price you can get a VPS, but you'll need to install wine, etc... nothing hard to do, search the tutorials in google.

Maybe the only way to have something really private, all the resellers are checking what you download and from where, obviosly they need to do it to make sure that you're not using public trackers.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Thanks for all the replies, I'll let you guys know which one I go with and what my experience is.

superseedbox.com is looking pretty good, they even state on their page that they have "UNRAR/RAR Function".

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    in wine(windows emulator) you can install any soft you want and not only winrar

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by L33cH View Post
    in wine(windows emulator) you can install any soft you want and not only winrar
    Thanks for the info, thats what I was thinking but wasn't sure.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SalsaMan View Post
    superseedbox.com is looking pretty good, they even state on their page that they have "UNRAR/RAR Function".
    To be honest superseedbox is good yes, but they put 6 users and not 4 as they say, you'll see it when you execute winrar... you'll be able to browse all the server folders and you can even check what is inside the folders of the other users, not very safe... i'm sure that the other users are using winrar and other applications from where they can (if they want) access your files.

And never use fastsh.it if you want to use winrar, click here and browse down... even a $45 VPS with 1350MB of ram is bad to unrar at fastsh.it

And read the reply from the administrator:
    Mike: It's a seedbox, it's not meant to be your home PC with Windows applications installed. Why would you install WinRAR?

But this is what they have in the description of the VPS slices: Use it for webhosting, email, remote backup, seedbox... anything you want*

You can get decent rar/unrar speed at a shared celeron kimsufi... i don't know what they are doing but something is wrong... because in other seedboxes you can use winrar without problems.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Yea am looking for a new unlimited server to...I've been using Xirvik for 3 months, i upload 400-600GIG a DAY, but unfortunately there now effected by this 3/6TB upload limit shit -___- so them days of 600gig are over...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast