Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone share FLAC files?

I'm brand new here and this is my first post.

I'm an old timer and I'm trying to find digital copies of the songs in my vinyl collection.

I've got quite a few MP3s, but I think I would prefer FLAC files because I'm told you get higher quality playback from a FLAC file than from an MP3 file.

But I haven't been able to find any sources for FLAC downloads.

If you know of sources for FLAC files I'd cure be grateful if you could point me toward them.

Will in Seattle
    a.k.a. "Clueless"

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by CluelesInSeatl View Post
    But I haven't been able to find any sources for FLAC downloads.

If you know of sources for FLAC files I'd cure be grateful if you could point me toward them.
    When it comes to BitTorrent trackers, you have What.cd, Waffles and SceneSound, for example. There are also niche lossless trackers such as BTMusic, E**** (hard to get in).
    Last edited by anon; 12-27-2009 at 05:37 PM.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    http://avaxhome.ws/music/format_bitrate/lossless

The aforementioned sites indirectly provide their content for direct download on there.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    I share over 200gb of flac lol. Audiophile for life.

www.thepiratebay.org
    has a flac section (that isn't that good because anyone can upload to it)

Don't know if you know alot about torrents but you need a program called utorrent (www.utorrent.com) to download files off piratebay

Once you gain a concept of how torrents work I recommend:
    1) waffles.fm
    2) what.cd

They are both private trackers that offer top notch flac files. You must get invited from a previous member though.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 12-27-2009 at 08:09 PM.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I would stick with sez's suggestion and use Avaxhome. The lossless bittorrent trackers are pretty hard to get into. But a lot of the content at these trackers make there way to Avax anyways(with permission or not unfortunately).

You can also check out FlacShare(another DDL forum). It's new though, so the content there isn't as big as Avax.

But...if you're wanting to use a tracker for lossless, then I highly recommend Torrents.ru. There is a ton on that site, and it's easy to seed. Samething with Demonoid.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    PerMaFrOsT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I would stick with sez's suggestion and use Avaxhome. The lossless bittorrent trackers are pretty hard to get into. But a lot of the content at these trackers make there way to Avax anyways(with permission or not unfortunately).

You can also check out FlacShare(another DDL forum). It's new though, so the content there isn't as big as Avax.

But...if you're wanting to use a tracker for lossless, then I highly recommend Torrents.ru. There is a ton on that site, and it's easy to seed. Samething with Demonoid.
    Nice info! I will try FlacShare

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    xuxoxux's Avatar Reader BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    The lossless bittorrent trackers are pretty hard to get into.
    What.cd is actually relatively easy to get into. Their interview system is the key. Study for like an hour or two and take it. Then enjoy the massive selection of music.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Actually I wasn't talking about What or Waffles, xuxoxux. Those are more general music trackers(that does have lossless torrents though). I was referring to the music trackers that cater to lossless format only. There are a few around, but a couple of those are pretty hard to get invited to.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I only share logs and cues. Flac is too difficult for me.

sheriff -

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    no i dl 128kbps mp3 there is no difference

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast