Thread: Really Pissed Off

I've been trying to download Obie Trice - Got Some Teeth, all evening on Kazaa Lite, and all I've got to show for it is high blood pressure, earache and four wanky corrupted copies of the song.

I did my usual thing of restricting my downloads to come from only two users, and I went right down through the search list to find the obscure copies, and I also just went for the ones with a lot of users when I saw that wasn't working. I can only assume that every other copy of this song on Kazaa is fucked.

Finally gave up with K-Lite, switched to WinMX, and got two clean copies straight away. It has reached the stage where it's a waste of time trying to get new songs on K-Lite, hasn't it?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Not realy, at all times when i d/l i get good speeds for mp3's and i never had a corupted file.
    IMHO you're just expirinecing bad luck

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    You have to use the RIAA ip blocker in KL++ to its fullest and keep it updated to considerably reduce the chances of getting a corrupted song.

Add this to KL++'s blocklist.txt file if it's not there already:

FAKE MUSIC FILES:38.118.0.0-38.119.255.255

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    PAiNKiLLER

Image Resized

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    give it a miss mate, you arent missing out on much

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by VIDE-VICI@13 October 2003 - 22:19
    I've been trying to download Obie Trice - Got Some Teeth, all evening on Kazaa Lite, and all I've got to show for it is high blood pressure, earache and four wanky corrupted copies of the song.

I did my usual thing of restricting my downloads to come from only two users, and I went right down through the search list to find the obscure copies, and I also just went for the ones with a lot of users when I saw that wasn't working. I can only assume that every other copy of this song on Kazaa is fucked.

Finally gave up with K-Lite, switched to WinMX, and got two clean copies straight away. It has reached the stage where it's a waste of time trying to get new songs on K-Lite, hasn't it?
    It happens,you could always go out and but it

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    The search on kazaa is pretty useless for new things all you get is fakes, if you use it, only use it for old things.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by junkyardking@14 October 2003 - 08:30
    The search on kazaa is pretty useless for new things all you get is fakes, if you use it, only use it for old things.
    Go here to section 9 in the index, it will help.Thats bs, i am downloading uptodate music all the time, i do get some fakes, but only when i have not done my homework in the search section, use this to help.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Thanks for the helpful advice, guys. To be honest, I thought I'd just get flamed for posting my frustrations, but I was pleasantly surprised

Hey N£MO - Why would I want to 'but' it, when I can get it for free?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by *´¯`·.¸¸.»Çô©ö»+14 October 2003 - 08:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (*´¯`·.¸¸.»Çô©ö» &#064; 14 October 2003 - 08:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-junkyardking@14 October 2003 - 08:30
    Go here to section 9 in the index, it will help.Thats bs, i am downloading uptodate music all the time, i do get some fakes, but only when i have not done my homework in the search section, use this to help. [/b][/quote]
    I havent used k-lite in months, i prefer to get files thought shareaza and bittorent where you dont have to go to the trouble of following a bunch of tips just to get files.