Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lightweight btt clients

Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Well, I can't really give an accurate opinion as I haven't used Vuze on Linux yet. I'm waiting to upgrade my RAM to give it a go. With my amount of RAM Vuze bogged down my system on Windows, so I'd imagine it will probably do the same on Linux.
    How much RAM do you have? Also, there are some tweaks to reduce Vuze's memory usage, did you try them? They won't do miracles, but do take away some MBs.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Your only choice is really utorrent because any smart torrent site will have all of these new and beta clients banned

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    PerMaFrOsT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by b3owulf View Post
    uTorrent is probably most light BT client for Windows ever developed. There's Vuze, but it's JAVA based, BitComet but it's forbidden at a lots of places. Recently I saw a blog post about new Tixati client, idk if it's really that good, never tried it myself...

Review of Tixati
    Really impressive! Tixati has a lot of avanced options and possibilities. Could I use it in private trackers like TL or SCC??

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by PerMaFrOsT View Post
    Really impressive! Tixati has a lot of avanced options and possibilities. Could I use it in private trackers like TL or SCC??
    Maybe on TL, since they're very relaxed with clients. I think SCC, as well as a lot of other trackers, is more strict and won't let you use it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    How much RAM do you have? Also, there are some tweaks to reduce Vuze's memory usage, did you try them? They won't do miracles, but do take away some MBs.
    512MB. And I haven't tried Vuze. What I used back on Windows a few years ago was Azureus. But since they're both the same I figured I would get the same lag on my computer browsing and internet browsing when the client was active.

Maybe I'll give it a try and use some of these tweaks(I see their homepage recommends 1GB of RAM). I think I remember Cabalo also mentioning this to me a long time ago.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    512MB. And I haven't tried Vuze. What I used back on Windows a few years ago was Azureus. But since they're both the same I figured I would get the same lag on my computer browsing and internet browsing when the client was active.
    Use the classic interface, and read these two pages:
    http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php...e_memory_usage
    http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Reduce_CPU_usage

Most of the time Azureus doesn't go above 60MB in my PC, although I don't have too many torrents loaded - adding a lot of them can indeed cause lag.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Thank you, anon. I'll do what you suggested and give the links a look through.

And I usually ever only have around 50 torrents at the most added in my client. So hopefully Vuze will be able to handle that amount without giving me lag.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    And I usually ever only have around 50 torrents at the most added in my client. So hopefully Vuze will be able to handle that amount without giving me lag.
    In my case it took loading over 100 torrents before it'd lag. I have an AMD Athlon 3000+ with 1.5GB of RAM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Damn...that much RAM and you still got lag after only a 100 torrents? That sure is a bulky client, isn't?

I was planning on upgrading to 2GB of RAM anyways, so hopefully that will be enough to where I won't have any problems with running anything on my computer.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Damn...that much RAM and you still got lag after only a 100 torrents?
    Probably caused by my "decent" processor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast