Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: download torrent onto seedbox than upload again to ????

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Happy new year ppl, i have a question and cant find a proper answer to this.
    if i download a file from torrent tracker A to my seedbox can i rename or upload the same file to a different tracker from that seedbox?

im from uk so i find it hard to upload from my connection, specially files over 1gb, so is it possible to upload any files that are on my seedbox to another tracker without using my uk internet connection? and just use the seedbox to upload it?

i read there might be sme kind of script etc but still unsure.

another thing is can i upload files from my seedbox to rapidshare? is that possible?

please let me know thanks.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Slickerey's Avatar <3 FST BT Rep: +2
    All you have to do is download the torrent from tracker B and upload it to your box. Just make sure that they're both the same release and you'll be good to go.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickerey View Post
    All you have to do is download the torrent from tracker B and upload it to your box. Just make sure that they're both the same release and you'll be good to go.
    hi is there any guide to this im so confused lol, so your telling me that whatever file is on my seedbox i can upload fresh on a new torrent site without using my real uk internet connection? this is exciting uk is rubbish for internet upload speed.

basically i wont have any files on my pc! all my files will be on a seedbox or seedbox server, and what i want is to upload files from there to torrent site or rapidshare and not from my pc, hope i made things clear thanks.
    Last edited by kopmjj; 01-01-2010 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    You can. Upload the content via FTP to your box. Create the torrent locally and upload it to the torrent site. Start seeding the torrent on your box.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibre View Post
    You can. Upload the content via FTP to your box. Create the torrent locally and upload it to the torrent site. Start seeding the torrent on your box.
    i dont think you understood i dont want to upload any content from my pc, just what ever i have only on my seedbox. if you say i can do the above does that mean i am using seedbox upload speeds or my pc upload speeds ?

another thing is i dont have a physical box im gonna rent a dedicated server hope that helps.
    Last edited by kopmjj; 01-01-2010 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    WakeMeUp's Avatar Obey! BT Rep: +2
    You'd need a dedicated server. That way you'd be able to create the torrent you want directly from your server client, like Vuze and so on.
    However if you don't have a VNC access, you need to download the content to your computer, create the torrent and then upload the torrent to the seedbox. Keep in mind that there is another solution, which i guess should work but i never tried: since all the torrents files differ for some information, you'd be able to edit that with a normal editor; i.e. you either have to learn what is the bencode and edit your torrent files straight away or find a torrent-editor, so you'd be able to edit the info you need (like the announce url, the creation date etc).

HTH

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeMeUp View Post
    Keep in mind that there is another solution, which i guess should work but i never tried: since all the torrents files differ for some information, you'd be able to edit that with a normal editor; i.e. you either have to learn what is the bencode and edit your torrent files straight away or find a torrent-editor, so you'd be able to edit the info you need (like the announce url, the creation date etc).
    I don't get this... what exactly are you suggesting him to do?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    I don't get this... what exactly are you suggesting him to do?
    To make it simple:
    a torrent file has some information, like announce url, client, creation date and the actual parts of the file "torrented", i'd say.
    The point is that this description of the parts is almost always the same for same files, so it's perfectly logic thinking about editing some parts of the torrent file itself to fit your needs.
    Need an example?
    You download torrent A from tracker 1. It's obvious that torrent A has into it the announce url of tracker 1.
    Then you edit the torrent A, inserting the url of tracker 2.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeMeUp View Post
    a torrent file has some information, like announce url, client, creation date and the actual parts of the file "torrented", i'd say.
    I know that, but I wasn't aware of what you wanted to obtain by editing the metadata.

What you mention will only work if all of the torrent's pieces are exactly the same, which is almost always the case for Scene releases (may depend on piece size, samples, etc.). But if the seedbox frontend supports it, you're better off at downloading the .torrent from tracker B and forcing a recheck, the classic way to cross-seed.
    Last edited by anon; 01-01-2010 at 07:28 PM.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    I know that, but I wasn't aware of what you wanted to obtain by editing the metadata.

What you mention will only work if all of the torrent's pieces are exactly the same, which is almost always the case for Scene releases (may depend on piece size, samples, etc.). But if the seedbox frontend supports it, you're better off at downloading the .torrent from tracker B and forcing a recheck, the classic way to cross-seed.
    "My" method would be useful if you want to upload torrents on other trackers without recreating the torrent file from scratch, that's the point. And that's what the OP asked if i read correctly. It's quite obvious that there would be no need of doing this if the tracker has already that particular torrent.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast