Thread: Download Vs Upload

why can i not download faster than 10 kb/s while other users are uploding files from me with 100 kb/s???

why can i download from maximum 2 person???

why is my download speed not equal my download speed???

is this justice??

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Yes, yes it is.

Everytime you think a dirty thought or do something wrong, your Kazaa Karma will lower your download speed.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    why can i not download faster than 10 kb/s while other users are uploding files from me with 100 kb/s???
    It may be that you're d/l-ing slow sources.

Lunch K-Lite and click Options->Kazaa Lite K++ Options->Advanced K++ Options and change the value for Max sources per file for a value of your desire.

WHAT ???
    Maybe you ment: Why is my d/l speed not equal to my upload speed ???
    Well, many reasons; slow sources, firewall, proxy, traffic, your ISP is being overloaded hard to say.

is this justice??
    There is no such thing

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by DasScoot@15 October 2003 - 02:55
    Yes, yes it is.

Everytime you think a dirty thought or do something wrong, your Kazaa Karma will lower your download speed.

Then my K-Lite should only upload :">

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by algenist@14 October 2003 - 20:24

is this justice??

I bet you're firewalled or behind a router.

If you're firewalled or behind a router, you cannot download from OTHERS that are firewalled or behind a router. ...and that includes MANY if not MOST users on Kazaa/KL++ that are on broadband.

So your sources will be predominately 56k users -- which are generally short-lived sources that cannot upload faster than 3 KB/sec each.

Allow KL++ FULL access through your firewall/s (there may be more than 1, like the one built into Win XP too&#33 -- that should eliminate the 'firewalled' part.

If your behind a router, then you need to port-forward the 1 port KL++ is using (make sure to BLOCK port 1214&#33 and THEN GET AND RUN KaNAT -- which tricks KL++ into using your INTERNET ip instead of your LAN (192.168.x.x) ip. By default, KL++ uses your 192.168.x.x LAN ip which makes you bloody difficult to find!

In ANY case, determine what your connection is rated for in terms of download and upload speeds -- then put limits on upload bandwidth max in KL++ that are NO HIGHER than max upload bandwidth. It only causes slowed downloads to try to make it go 100+% max upload speed! Also even with 100+ KB/sec total upload bandwidth, you may want to limit max uploads to only 20 or so. Files unfortunately cannot be shared by anyone until finished.

BTW, try setting MAX downloads to 50. Cuz it's bloody obvious your connection is fast enough to handle it. Downloads that are searching or connecting also count against that maximum, thus suppressing the REAL max number that are actually sending you ANYTHING. Se even set to 50, it may mean you'll still only typically have 5 downloads downloading at once.

Also, try running with the accelerator on with retries set at 30-60 sec for EACH file and 600 sec or higher to repeat the list from the top. This slow cycle through your files should net you as many sources as the occassional manual search for them will.

Try browse host/listing the files of people who are downloading from you quickly. Perhaps they'll be showing files you want to download -- and since they can download quickly from you, then you at least know they MIGHT be able to upload at 3 or more KB/sec.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    i tryed everything but nothing change. thankss a lot....

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by algenist@15 October 2003 - 17:38
    i tryed everything but nothing change. thankss a lot....
    Most of what I suggested were tests.
    If we knew the results of those tests, we might be able to actually help you.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Lunch K-Lite and click Options->Kazaa Lite K++ Options->Advanced K++ Options and change the value for Max sources per file for a value of your desire.