Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Top worst 3 trackers!

Mr. Torrentstorm BT Rep: +3
    Mention 3 worst trackers. Here I go.

1: FTC ( A Danish tracker ): I never got a warning from them since I don't use the tracker at all. They have the worst reputation in Denmark. They even ban people for asking questions to the FLS. If you receive a warning and you want to remove it, then you must pay money by paypal. And yes, I'm not making this up, I can even prove it.

2: PTM ( Staff are being generally too rude )

3: What: There is often problem with the tracker, so my upload doesn't register. I lost like 10-15 GB in upload, although my ratio is above 2.
    Last edited by lol87; 01-05-2010 at 09:59 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by lol87 View Post

3: What: There is often problem with the tracker, so my upload doesn't register. I lost like 10-15 GB in upload, although my ratio is above 2.
    From your lips to god.

I love all other trackers.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    If you don't like a tracker I would suggest you quit it instead of pointlessly complaining.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    kurdt's Avatar Death From Above
    i like what the op had to say. it did not come across as pointlessly complaining but rather as constructive criticism. it is a valuable psa for would-be members and it might actually lead to trackers trying to be better if they know that there are consequences to their actions.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Mr. Torrentstorm BT Rep: +3
    Idoleyes, I knew that there would be off-topic. Maybe you also have some trackers that you don't like or don't use at all, so maybe you can share them with us.

Like many FST users have been complaining about HDBits' staff, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone was mentioning this tracker.
    Last edited by lol87; 01-06-2010 at 01:09 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Why don't we change this to...

The top 3 worst Christmas dinners I received at friends' homes while I was a guest.

Or, the 3 worst experiences I had while someone was trying to do me a favor/was being generous.

Maybe even, the 3 biggest complaints I can make when someone created an entire website for free, maintained it daily, let me join for free, and gave me access to their hard work for free.

Yeah, let's hear those "constructive" criticisms, too!

This is not about being constructive, it is about being PUBLICLY UNGRATEFUL.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 01-06-2010 at 01:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Why don't we change this to...

The top 3 worst Christmas dinners I received at friends' homes while I was a guest.

Or, the 3 worst experiences I had while someone was trying to do me a favor/was being generous.

Maybe even, the 3 biggest complaints I can make when someone created an entire website for free, maintained it daily, let me join for free, and gave me access to their hard work for free.

Yeah, let's hear those "constructive" criticisms, too!

This is not about being constructive, it is about being PUBLICLY UNGRATEFUL.
    there are trackers begging for users every day. check out some of the open signup notifications that keep getting reposted by the sites's owners. Now, how many people are begging you everyday to let them make a website for you and maintain it for free? None. Why is that? Could it be that trackers receive something in return from their membership even if they are "free" to join?

Trackers compete for memberhip. And reviewing and rating trackers publicly only produces better trackers. Trackers are NOT doing you a favor by letting you join. It is in their interest. Without membership, they would not survive.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I'm of the belief that a tracker couldn't survive without it's members whereas the members, save for certain inconvenience ,would have no problem surviving without any or all trackers .
    I think certain staff when dealing with minor issues sometimes forget that.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-06-2010 at 02:23 AM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    merwais's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    All trackers are best and we should respect what they are offering us for free.

Don't act like a jackass and learn respecting others.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by merwais View Post
    All trackers are best and we should respect what they are offering us for free.

Don't act like a jackass and learn respecting others.
    members openly discussing their experiences with trackers so that the rest of us may benefit from it is not disrespectful in and of itself.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast