Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: TorrentIt Closing in two weeks

Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Seems like TiT will be one of the next to fall, as posted by one of the admins of the site:

Quote Originally Posted by BlastGT1
    The only people liable to actually ban MuddSlinger will be people who judge what Serb brings to the table (scene axx) to be more important than the damage his actoins (listed above) cause.

Serb has not only done what Mudd stated, but has exposed real life details on numerous cheaters, account traders, etc, "for the lulz" as he so succinctly put it. Anyone who is that frivolous with other peoples' information, and by extension their lives, should have no place whatsoever in the BT community, yet a select few are choosing to harbor him and even go so far as to say "people shouldn't piss him off if they don't want to be exposed". What kind of attitude is that to have, as a tracker staffer?

When you handle the private details of THOUSANDS of members every day, can you really afford to be so nonchalant about who you let have access to that information? Not only that, but Serb has proven that he will turn on you if he doesn't like something you say or do, and that could be any LITTLE detail. Mudd isn't the only one who has had to hear the atrocities Serb has committed, but he's probably heard more than the rest of us.

FYI, at no point did MuddSlinger and I disagree with what's gone on. In truth, the "select few" who would harbor Serb include a couple of behind-the-scenes TiT staffers, and because of that, I regrettably have made the decision that I would rather shut down the site than to let it continue to be fed by someone whose actions are reprehensible, and rather than step down myself and either let it be run by people who believe Serb is right simply because his actions were done out of revenge, or simply pulled out from under the members abruptly.

An official announcement will be forthcoming in the next day or so on the site, at which time I have asked for 2 weeks before the site shuts down, for people to make alternative arrangements.
    Edit: To provide a little background, this was in response to the OP:

Quote Originally Posted by Muddslinger
    Well, I almost walked away from Bit Torrent Forever yesterday.

After months of putting up with serb being his punk ass self, of preing other trackers staff in scene and p2p pre channel like an asshole, and him releasing the real life personal info including pics, addresses he could find, names, and other things, and me telling him I didn't approve of such actions and would rather him not discuss such things with me, and him continuing to send me info on what he was doing to people in msn or via pm in irc.

I finally snapped went off the deep end and exposed serb in a couple locations frequented by our tracker staffer community. Even, thou most staffers hold the same views I do and support what I did. A select few, more or less took serb's side and I demoted myself on TiT. I can no longer condone the things such as global banning users for trading or selling invites, cheating, or anything else. When scumbag's like serb, who threaten the real lives of our fellow staffers remain on any trackers. It's been very discouraging and pretty much destroyed my faith in the greater BT Community.

To allow these types of actions and not address it as a community ,then its the highest order of hypocrisy. It is not fair to the global members of the bit torrent community and if my refusal to keep quiet on this issue costs me my membership on any trackers or damages my reputation in the bit torrent community I no longer give a shit. I have always been about the betterment of the global bit-torrent community and will remain such.
    I've never used the site before but it's a shame to see petty drama such as this shut down yet another torrent site .
    Last edited by Rart; 01-06-2010 at 02:34 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Serious respect goes to blastGT1.
    Serb has often proved to be a cancer in BT world, who was adored by some kids, that mostly were afraid of him.

If the term Global Ban applies, there is someone who indeed deserves it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Slickerey's Avatar <3 FST BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Serious respect goes to blastGT1.
    Serb has often proved to be a cancer in BT world, who was adored by some kids, that mostly were afraid of him.

If the term Global Ban applies, there is someone who indeed deserves it.
    QFT. :smirk:

Also, this part is good as well.

Anyone who is that frivolous with other peoples' information, and by extension their lives, should have no place whatsoever in the BT community,

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    I agree! That is taking it way to far. Bans are one thing but exposing private info when a member trusts that staff member, definitely right saying there is no place for that!
    It is sad to see another good site go. Especially like this. Props to BlastG and muddslinger.

Anyone who is that frivolous with other peoples' information, and by extension their lives, should have no place whatsoever in the BT community,
    Last edited by pone44; 01-06-2010 at 02:43 AM. Reason: If this info is correct.? Not a member. Not sure what the situation is

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    merwais's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    These kids playing around all the time.
    Open a tracker today and close it Tomorrow.

Get a life, losers!

Find something else to play.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by merwais View Post
    These kids playing around all the time.
    Open a tracker today and close it Tomorrow.

Get a life, losers!

Find something else to play.
    You seriously don't know who you are talking about in this case with BlastGT1 and Muddslinger, toddle off & do some research first, they are both very senior and respected members of the BT community, Serb on the other hand.....

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    You seriously don't know who you are talking about in this case with BlastGT1 and Muddslinger, toddle off & do some research first, they are both very senior and respected members of the BT community, Serb on the other hand.....
    You're supposing he cared to read the opening post. Don't put your expectations too high.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 01-06-2010 at 02:35 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Third times a charm.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    snagit's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    This indeed is very sad news. It's clear who should be the one globally banned...

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I distanced myself from anywhere serb staffed a long time ago because of that. I'm glad someone of the more established crowd finally has the guts to stand up to this kid even though he has sceneaxx coming out of his ass.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast