Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chalice is back...

Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty

2. Lounge   -   #22
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Thanks, I sent her the link. That shows how little I know about this whole thing. I meant it as a joke. So much to learn...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #23

You'll pick it up soon enough.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    I take it someone warned you about the black poos?

5. Lounge   -   #25
    The Black Poos? I thought that was an urban legend.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Lounge   -   #26

My husband thought they were so horrific that he bought me a diamond ring if I promised to change the nappies for as long as they were black

7. Lounge   -   #27
    We thought about cloth diapers, but all of our friends say it is something you just want to get rid of. We are now leaning in that direction. Just not looking forward to the reoccurring cost of disposables.

I know that black is a sign of internal bleeding in adults. I take it that "the black poos" are normal, but EVIL?

8. Lounge   -   #28
    To be honest, I considered cloth nappies as well, and you'd probably spend as much money/ do as much damage to the environment, with all the detergent and water you'd be using to get them clean.

The black poos are normal for the first two days, it's called meconium, and it's basically the baby's first stool. Leftover placenta if you like

I always found that the one thing they don't tell you enough about, is what happens after you have the baby.
    No one tells you about how you won't be able to poo for days, about the bleeding that will last for weeks, about the bloody discharge the size of a thumb and about intestinal spasms!

9. Lounge   -   #29
    My wife is taking 3 months+ off from work. More than likely she will have a cesarean because of the twins. She doesn't want to go through any more than she has to.

That is a good heads-up. I imagine doctors get A LOT of very concerned calls during that time. Especially if no one tells you about it. You are right. We (at least I) haven't heard of all that before. Sounds awful.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    I know, it's ridiculous, it's like they try to keep it hidden because it's not very nice.

As for the c-section...obvious there are considerations like twin-to-twin syndrome in your case so it's probably the safest option, but I think you should know that a section, under no circumstance, is the easy option...
    Sure, you don't have to go through the whole labour thing, but your wife won't be able to walk for a few days, let alone pick up the babies by herself, hoover, drive a car (for at least 6 weeks).
    I was up on my feet a couple of hours after I had Ben, and despite the above mentioned discomfort, I could do whatever I wanted.
    Everyone I know who has had a section has sworn that they wished they'd done it the natural way.

Anyway, not trying to scare you or anything, just saying, that if you have the option of sitting it out and waiting and seeing, then it might be something you want to take into consideration

Labour really isn't that bad, the drugs are good these days, and they have an amnesic effect as well

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast