Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Counter Strike Condition Zero Gone Gold

Sup guys, since cz is gold ne idead on where i can dl it

2. Games   -   #2

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    Not quite yet, but almost. When a game "goes gold", a master copy is sent out to the pressing plants. Then they're released to the stores.

I believe that's how it works...

4. Games   -   #4
    Octopussy
    so they send only 1 (ONE [1]) master copy!? wat if it gets stolen or when they are sending it falls out ont he ground and gets ran over by 10 trucks in the mud

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Octopussy@16 October 2003 - 13:54
    so they send only 1 (ONE [1]) master copy!? wat if it gets stolen or when they are sending it falls out ont he ground and gets ran over by 10 trucks in the mud
    what would be the problem to deliver/send/make another1??? --none I say

they probably has the freakin NSA or secret service guardin it anyways

6. Games   -   #6
    Octopussy
    but why wont they send more then 1 copy

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    btw he says "a mastercopy is sent to the pressing plantsssssss" doesn't imply that there's only 1 to 1 pressing plant does it??
    big difference if the send 1 or 100 or 1000 it wouldn't matter if u can make 2 bizzilions in a couple of mins
    .... a y bother I'll check it up

8. Games   -   #8
    Octopussy
    i dont understand you all i know is ur gona check it up....let me know lol

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    ok here we go....it's like this may be some incorrect stuff but this is the principle way they manufacture

1. the softw company sends a premaster to the pressing plant
    which is a cd-r or hdd or anything containing the information that should go to the discs

2. the pressing plant makes (one or as many as they want) a real master or glassmaster, thats the expensive part of the work. They place nickel on a really clean thick glass disc by some high tech method.
    This master takes a bit of time to make couple of days I think, and when it's done it's the exact image of what the disc-surface will look like

3. When the master is finished it takes about 3-6 seconds to make a CD by putting the melted raw-material plastic onto the master and press it

4. the backside is coated (sputtered) with aluminum which will reflect the laserbeam in the player (y it's worse to scratch the back of your discs than the front)

5. a layer of laque (transparent stuff like car paint) on top of the aluminum
    this is y really cheap discs will go corrupt quickly, cause of bad coating on the back

6. paint, cover and so on...finished discs

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by miffo@16 October 2003 - 15:06
    ok here we go....it's like this may be some incorrect stuff but this is the principle way they manufacture

1. the softw company sends a premaster to the pressing plant
    which is a cd-r or hdd or anything containing the information that should go to the discs

2. the pressing plant makes (one or as many as they want) a real master or glassmaster, thats the expensive part of the work. They place nickel on a really clean thick glass disc by some high tech method.
    This master takes a bit of time to make couple of days I think, and when it's done it's the exact image of what the disc-surface will look like

3. When the master is finished it takes about 3-6 seconds to make a CD by putting the melted raw-material plastic onto the master and press it

4. the backside is coated (sputtered) with aluminum which will reflect the laserbeam in the player (y it's worse to scratch the back of your discs than the front)

5. a layer of laque (transparent stuff like car paint) on top of the aluminum
    this is y really cheap discs will go corrupt quickly, cause of bad coating on the back

6. paint, cover and so on...finished discs
    wow...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast