Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with What.CD

Hello,

My What.CD was account was recently banned. I believe it to be an unfair ban and was not even given a chance to explain the situation before the staff banned me from IRC, thus, leaving me no way to get in contact with staff and get my account re-enabled. Here's the story:

About a year ago, I heard about What.CD from a friend. I logged onto the IRC channel, took the interview, passed and created my account. I was talking to some co-workers about the site and told them that I could invite them if they were interested, which they were. I invited to co-workers (Jon and Kyle) and they created accounts. Jon then proceeded to invite multiple e-mail accounts of his, and create 3 or so different What.CD accounts so he didn't have to worry about ratio. Kyle was a responsible user and followed the rules, and also invited our boss Charlie who used the site responsibly. Within a few days, all of our accounts had been banned. I logged onto the IRC channel to inquire and before I could even explain the situation, they banned me and all the accounts claiming that they were "all my accounts and that I was creating multiple accounts" which is not the case. They only evidence they had to support this theory was that my account and Jon's account had been logged onto from the same location...however, we had both simply logged onto our accounts from the work computers and were showing each other our profiles. I know I used bad judgement when inviting Jon, but he had told me that he was going to be a responsible user and follow the rules. Additionally, during my time on What.CD, I had followed all rules and maintained a nice ratio. Jon is no longer working with me and I do not have any contact with him. (This all took place in March of 2009).

Fast forward to November of 2009 or so, a different friend of mine whom I had sold my laptop too (the one I had been using to access my What.CD account) informed me that he had passed the What.CD interview and created an account. He offered to invite me which I was excited about and and I created an account. Within a day, we were both banned and again, I made an attempt at accessing the IRC server to see what was up. I told them that he was using my old laptop and that these were two different accounts but they immediately banned me.

Last night, I figured i'd log onto the IRC server and see if there was anyway I could get my original account back. I spoke with someone named Pyt3hon (or Py3thon, something like that) whom was very friendly and listened to my entire story. He decided to give me the benefit of the doubt and reinstate my account. I was super excited however, this morning when I went to log in, I had been banned. Again I logged onto the IRC server and spoke with someone who didn't give me a chance to say anything before banning me.

I know this a confusing situation, but I can assure you this is the 100% truth. If anyone knows a moderator that I could talk to or something to possibly get my account re-instated, I would GREATLY appreciate it. I can also provide proof of everything I have said. Thanks!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    hopefully, you'll get it sorted out. good luck.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    i'm betting you won't get any of your previous accounts back; if you're not ip banned already, try registering another account from a different ip address while choosing a different username (but gl finding someone here who'll want to invite you) and avoid making the same mistakes you just outlined

remember, on most trackers, you take full responsibility for ever new user you invite, so be cautious of who you give your invites to

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Ouch. This seems like one nasty little mess you got yourself into. At least you were honest with the staff, and they decided to give you another chance.

Hopefully one of the what.cd staff will see the thread.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    AdrianPhoto's Avatar Nice Member BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I told them that he was using my old laptop and that these were two different accounts but they immediately banned me.
    I really don't get this!
    Did you sell your laptop + home connection + the same IP to your friend?
    and please don't tell me you sold the laptop with all the files and browser history and cookies!
    Last edited by AdrianPhoto; 01-11-2010 at 09:39 PM.

I LOVE Canada

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    gl finding someone here who'll want to invite you
    you forgot that he's good at passing interviews

anyway, general advice for everyone: don't fuckin invite no one, asking to disable your invite privilegues is even better method cause this way you'll be isolated even from suspictions of trying to invite somebody baaaad

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    AdrianPhoto's Avatar Nice Member BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    asking to disable your invite privilegues is even better method
    and when someone asks you for invite, you just show them that you REALLY can't
    I like this idea

I LOVE Canada

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    AdrianPhoto,

I sold him my laptop...he used it at his own house on his own IP, but somehow they were able to track it i'm not sure how. I got a new macbook pro, so i figured id give him a deal on my old HP...anyway, hopefully this can get sorted out because I am telling the truth! Thanks.

And yea, if somehow i get back on, im not inviting a fucking soul
    Last edited by map07023; 01-11-2010 at 09:47 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Well, it's on What.cd rules that if you ever log in from the IP of someone that's also a member, or reversed, your accounts will be linked - thus affecting both if one of them breaks the rules.

I guess you can only expect the What.cd staff to see your post and make the final decision. Do NOT try to make a new account unless you can handle it.
    Last edited by anon; 01-11-2010 at 09:57 PM.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    The reason why you were disabled again is simple. When you went into the disabled channel, you did not tell the truth and mention that you had had second account. When pyth3n found this out, he banned you again, for dishonesty - white lies are still lies.

In creating this thread, you've made me perform further investigation. Your second account was identified as cthuskies1988. It was invited by the user kw1k. When questioned, kw1k said that he had bought the laptop from someone named Jon, and you, Michael, were some random guy that he knew in high school and hasn't spoken to in years.

The stories don't add up. You say you sold your computer to kw1k, he says he bought it from Jon. So who are you?

EDIT: I also despise the number of people here (in every thread of this vein) who suggest that he cheat his way back in by getting a second account, and offer him advice on how to avoid detection. It is because of people like you that many staff no longer offer help on this forum, and it will be because of you that the remaining ones will eventually abandon it. By creating posts like this, you are driving utility away from your community, and by driving utility away from it, you are contributing to its own eventual destruction. This is not advised.
    Last edited by WhatMan; 01-11-2010 at 10:30 PM.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast