Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Balamm's Side Of The Story

Keikan's Avatar ........
    An e-mail sent to me:

It's a long dirty story. One they don't want told. It pretty much started with a group of musicworld idiots. Jetje's gang I guess. They spammed the hell out of the board attacking me one night and jetje swept it all under the rug. I made a comment about them thinking they could get away with anything cause jetje always covers up like a mother and jetje decided to get even. Never got over it. When jayhawk wanted to come back, they all said it was up to me but I said only if someone else took full responsibility. No one did. Jayhawk kept asking and it looked like he was sincere so I decided someone should do something. Since they had left it up to me, I laid out some rules for him and allowed him to return. It had been discussed endlessly and no one had really objected. When I posted the details of his return, jetje accused me of trying to take over the forum and always doing things without asking them first. I pointed out all jetje's prior posts and the discussions we'd had but he is either not too bright or just totally unreasonable. Next few days, jetje posts a resignation letter saying it was all my fault and the site was getting all fucked up because of me. VB asked me to respond and I did, pointing out several inaccuracies. He suggested I change my style to try to please them anyway. I stopped moderating anything for at least a week but still the accusations continued anytime anything happened. Several times, Paul deleted posts by sharedholder and others and he never answers questions about those things. Again I got the blame. On one occasion, I watched as jetje posted repeatedly in a thread, calling people stupid, post whores, worst members ever, among other things. I decided it was time to leave them to their bullshit. As I said, I would have left it at that but jetje continues to drag things up. The comment about "there should be less threads closed now" was the final straw. I very rarely closed threads. I often deleted the offensive content but saw no reason to close every post unless everything else had failed, or in some cases, with a noob refusing to at least try to find an answer before playing with the post button. In the past week and a half, I've seen countless threads closed. Some with a smart ass remark, some with nothing and no reason at all other than it didn't interest the mod. They couldn't be bothered to simply move it to the lounge, they needed something to show that they have the power. I think it all comes down to power. Some of them felt like they were losing it. There really isn't much discussed in team chat despite their insistence that they do discuss things. Most decisions are made in other chat rooms or through PM's to the rest of the "clique". There are some good mods still. I don't want to give the impression that they've all gone bad. Things improved for a while when El Jefe returned. (no one ever questions his decisions by the way). He managed to get a lot of things done that the others never bothered with or cared about. I think for part of them, it's just another adolescent chat room and they feel pretty god like. I just don't see the respect for members that I would expect from a site like this. They seem to feel indestructible. It's pretty obvious that many members have left and won't be returning, yet no one but the most vocal members ever notices or says anything about it. Basically, the k-lite program is fading out as a draw to keep people there. So many members claim they don't use it anymore anyway but they hang around for the community. The community isn't well. I remember when it was a much larger community and just a bit friendlier. Now everyone is at each others throats. It's scaring away old timers and noobs as well. It's just not a healthy place to hang out anymore. Anyway, that's how I feel and that's pretty much the story.
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    That's one hell of a paragraph.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Double Agent
    i read it but it's like German to me

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Keikan@14 October 2003 - 01:14
    An e-mail sent to me:

It's a long dirty story. One they don't want told. It pretty much started with a group of musicworld idiots. Jetje's gang I guess. They spammed the hell out of the board attacking me one night and jetje swept it all under the rug. I made a comment about them thinking they could get away with anything cause jetje always covers up like a mother and jetje decided to get even. Never got over it. When jayhawk wanted to come back, they all said it was up to me but I said only if someone else took full responsibility. No one did. Jayhawk kept asking and it looked like he was sincere so I decided someone should do something. Since they had left it up to me, I laid out some rules for him and allowed him to return. It had been discussed endlessly and no one had really objected. When I posted the details of his return, jetje accused me of trying to take over the forum and always doing things without asking them first. I pointed out all jetje's prior posts and the discussions we'd had but he is either not too bright or just totally unreasonable.  Next few days, jetje posts a resignation letter saying it was all my fault and the site was getting all fucked up because of me. VB asked me to respond and I did, pointing out several inaccuracies. He suggested I change my style to try to please them anyway.  I stopped moderating anything for at least a week but still the accusations continued anytime anything happened. Several times, Paul deleted posts by sharedholder and others and he never answers questions about those things. Again I got the blame. On one occasion, I watched as jetje posted repeatedly in a thread, calling people stupid, post whores, worst members ever, among other things. I decided it was time to leave them to their bullshit. As I said, I would have left it at that but jetje continues to drag things up. The comment about "there should be less threads closed now" was the final straw. I very rarely closed threads. I often deleted the offensive content but saw no reason to close every post unless everything else had failed, or in some cases, with a noob refusing to at least try to find an answer before playing with the post button. In the past week and a half, I've seen countless threads closed. Some with a smart ass remark, some with nothing and no reason at all other than it didn't interest the mod. They couldn't be bothered to simply move it to the lounge, they needed something to show that they have the power. I think it all comes down to power. Some of them felt like they were losing it. There really isn't much discussed in team chat despite their insistence that they do discuss things. Most decisions are made in other chat rooms or through PM's to the rest of the "clique". There are some good mods still. I don't want to give the impression that they've all gone bad. Things improved for a while when El Jefe returned. (no one ever questions his decisions by the way). He managed to get a lot of things done that the others never bothered with or cared about. I think for part of them, it's just another adolescent chat room and they feel pretty god like.  I just don't see the respect for members that I would expect from a site like this. They seem to feel indestructible. It's pretty obvious that many members have left and won't be returning, yet no one but the most vocal members ever notices or says anything about it. Basically, the k-lite program is fading out as a draw to keep people there. So many members claim they don't use it anymore anyway but they hang around for the community. The community isn't well. I remember when it was a much larger community and just a bit friendlier. Now everyone is at each others throats. It's scaring away old timers and noobs as well.  It's just not a healthy place to hang out anymore. Anyway, that's how I feel and that's pretty much the story.
    you except me to read all that? nope not a chance...

5. Lounge   -   #5
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    "It pretty much started with a group of musicworld idiots. Jetje's gang I guess"

Yeah.....we are a Gang kid.....more like a Family.

We are Stronger then the rest of the Forum.MovieWorld, SoftwareWorld, HardwareWorld, not even BookWorld has what we have(yes she is still our Little Sister ).

About the only other Section of this Community I know that is Stronger is them IRC People.....but I think we could still take them.

If People do not like what we have that is their Problem.Maybe they need to come over and hang out awhile.

FC B)

*Ohhh sorry...I guess I need to Read the rest of your Post. *

6. Lounge   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    Doesn't look at all like Balamm's style.
    And why would he email it to Keikan? (I'm not saying Keikan hasn't received this as an email, I just doubt it's from Balamm).
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    I figured out his e-mail and asked him then he replyed with this
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

8. Lounge   -   #8
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Keikan@13 October 2003 - 20:51
    I figured out his e-mail and asked him then he replyed with this
    Cool.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Jayhawk's Avatar Rock Chalk Jayhawk BT Rep: +5
    If this is true i feel bad for starting it....

10. Lounge   -   #10
    lynx's Avatar .
    Sounds more like longhorn droppings to me.

FC: Your horns are growing?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast