Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keyboard And System Freezing Prob

i dunno what the hell is going on but my computer has been freezing on me since i installed sp1 and sum other updates from windowsupdate.com. i am having a problem with my keyboard too. 2 days ago i connected an external keyboard to my computer and now all the keyboard keys of laptop are messed up. whenever i type
    j,kl e.t.c the computer outputs 1,2,3 and so on and when connect the external keyboard all the keys work fine All of the alphabatecal keys are somehow typing numbers. i didnt have ne problem like this before. i could format my computer but i have got sum movies which i dont wanna delete and i dont have a cd-burner.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    bump.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Nobody uses it nut I'll ask anyway: do you have the restorefunction active (XP or ME) cause if os you can go back to the date noting was wrong
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    no i have system resore disabled and i didnt back up my orignal files of my OS and now i cant even uninstall sp1

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    i have had enough of this shit already. I had to restart my computer twice in 10 minutes.

Can i install Xp over XP sp1

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    AFAIR you can make a repair install. And that'll wipe out SP1 I believe. BTW did you choose complete or express install of SP1? Next time try an express install it's only ~33MB or less vs ~128MB for a full install. And some of that junk that's fn up your computer might not be installed. Hope this helps you. GL.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    If you run XP pro Devil's own version then this might be the problem.

Every time I attempted to update that version I had exactly the same problem.

Solution.... Do not update!!!!!

Also run Norton Utilities (Norton System Works 2004 has a version in it) to check for corrupted files etc!!.

Good luck!!! B)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I can solve your keyboard problem and you will laugh in the end

for now confirm this:

You have a dell computer?
    Laptop probably?

Is
    j=1
    k=2
    l=3
    u=4
    i=5
    o=6
    m=0
    0=*
    ;=+

Edit: Try pressing Fn + F9 and restart computer.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by I.am@1 January 2004 - 22:48
    I can solve your keyboard problem and you will laugh in the end

for now confirm this:

You have a dell computer?
    Laptop probably?

Is
    j=1
    k=2
    l=3
    u=4
    i=5
    o=6
    m=0
    0=*
    ;=+

Edit: Try pressing Fn + F9 and restart computer.
    yea i was about to say the same lol...

thats ur keypad working there

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Yup all the keys type different and you had them all right, but pressing Fn +F9 doesnt help. How did ya know this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast