Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Xp Service Pack

hey i recently installed windows xp onto my computer and im trying to install windows updates service pack 1 but it wont let me it says my key is invalid is there ne basic sollution to this problem ? or do i have to reinstall the operating system

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Retired
    do you have a original copy?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    annamiller
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@16 October 2003 - 07:26
    lol, that was funny,lol

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Retired
    Originally posted by annamiller+16 October 2003 - 08:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (annamiller @ 16 October 2003 - 08:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-{I}{K}{E}@16 October 2003 - 07:26
    lol, that was funny,lol [/b][/quote]
    ?? funny ??

I have an original copy

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    i have a origional copy minus the cd key i had to burrow from some where else. lol
    um is there ne way to get around this problem

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Retired
    Service Pack 1 compares the Windows XP product ID on the system to this list. The comparison and the list reside locally on the users PC and no information is sent to Microsoft as part of this process. Service Pack 1 for Windows XP will fail to install on installations of Windows with one of the following product IDs: XXXXX-640-0000356-23XXX and XXXXX-640-2001765-23XXX

How to change your Product ID in Windows XP
    If the product ID matches the invalid keys above, you may need to change the key (re-enter a valid key) in order to install Windows XP service pack 1, and to make sure your environment is legal. The XP CD Key changer program allows you to change your key on an already installed system. download the program (zipped), unzip it to a convenient folder. Go to that folder and double-click the program icon (labelled: update_xp_cd_key) to start it. You will be prompted to enter info. Follow the instructions, ignoring the the part about entering the code from the phone call (the verification code confirming that you called Microsoft to obtain a new, paid key).

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    yer i did all that then i got to the part were it say "please select yes if u want to telephone bla bla bla...." then i pressed continue and it came up with

"msoobe.exe - entry point not found" "the procedure entry point WSANSPIoct&#33; could not be located in the dynamic library WS2_32.dll."

then it exits it

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I happen to know that

Windows XP Pro serial key changer.exe
    48925 Bytes
    EDIT: hash removed as it doesn&#39;t seem to be working

works just fine.
    Not that I ever would use something like that.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    i take it thats the hash for the programe and if so what do i do with that hash do i put it into sig2dat or another programe?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BANNED
    you sure you got the right hash boss???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast