Thread: Help Wit File Type

i still don't noe about the file types and what to do with them (yes i did read the noob guide) and i am still confused.
    i figured out that iso i can just burn and play but what about rar, hash things, etc plz help

2. Games   -   #2
    also cdd, img, sub, bin, cue
    what do i do with them do i need a special program or are they ready to play?

3. Games   -   #3
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    same just burn em or use daemon tools mount em and play.. after you extract it from the rar

4. Games   -   #4
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    okay, Rar is used in Winrar, like a zip file, a hash is that file that kazaa makes while it is downloading... it can be used to get a download going whithout having to search for it... (i know there is a more technical description) the noob guide was very well written... it should be all you need...

5. Games   -   #5
    so are they all just ready to burn and play?

6. Games   -   #6
    When you burn an ISO for say, it is a n exact copy of the original cd... so yes it is ready to go...

7. Games   -   #7
    thank you all
    thanks monkey this is like the third time u helped me .... and i never get old of the window vs mac thing

8. Games   -   #8
    Here's a database of extension types
    http://filext.com/

9. Games   -   #9
    windows also can tell files types when you try to use them...(i am the last one to post in almost every post)