Thread: The best music recommendation site - Tastekid

graywolf's Avatar The Anime Addict
    Andrei Oghina, Founder

Envisioning a service that helps people satisfy their basic need of discovery in a simple and efficient way, Andrei has designed and built the TasteKid recommendation engine. Since then, he has been loyal to this vision and constantly worked on improving, distributing and promoting the service. He has worked as a web developer at SoftHost, a Romanian software developing company and holds a BS in Computer Science from the Politehnica University of Bucharest. Andrei is passionate about TasteKid, is interested in trends and changes, likes to debate, to travel and loves his family and friends.

Ramesh Haridas, Chairman
    Ramesh has been involved in entrepreneurial ventures for the last 10 years. He has started and successfully sold two internet companies. He is also an active investor in early stage internet companies. Some of the companies he has invested in include Blip.tv, iMedix, Mashery, Lookery, CPM Advisors, LilGreenPatch, Cooler Planet, Esaya, Zedo, Webchutney (sold stake to TV18), Grisoft (sold stake to Enterprise Investors), Bbmao and Mobitrans.net. Ramesh holds a BS in Computer Science from the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. He enjoys playing squash and listening to music from all over the world.

…TasteKid
    TasteKid is a recommendation engine for music, movies and books. This whole blog is dedicated to this project, so I will keep this description short. Some information about this project, from Emmy’s point of view (Emmy is the girl-robot that stands as a mascot for this project, thus Emmy is the Taste Kid) can be found on the “Who are you” page.

I really recommend this site for anyone who has trouble finding any new music groups or is confused about which music to choose. Try it and you will get the best results.
    Last edited by graywolf; 01-23-2010 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Music   -   #2
    Don't forget the link:
    http://tastekid.com/

Personally, I use Grooveshark+Radio mode or What.cd's suggestions to find new music.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Music   -   #3
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    I found a ton of music off pandora internet radio.

You pick one song, then they play similar songs. Its pretty cool.

http://www.pandora.com
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 01-23-2010 at 10:53 PM.

4. Music   -   #4
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Thanks for the link, this looks useful! Last.fm is also good because it calculates the bands you'll like based on the music you listen to, instead of manually searching. You'll discover alot of unknown great bands through lastfm

5. Music   -   #5
    meh.

try RYM (rateyourmusic)
    very good site for music recs, lots of smart fellows there

6. Music   -   #6

7. Music   -   #7
    OdourlessHobo's Avatar n00b
    I've found some pretty good bands using both Taste Kid and Last FM

8. Music   -   #8
    spotify.com