Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The PS3 is Hacked!

Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Can anyone actually explain what the exploit he released actually does (in english)?

Judging from the blog's comments, either this exploit is too damn complex for the average user to play backups, it doesn't actually play backups, or both.

And I know very little about coding and I don't even own a PS3, so I'm probably even more clueless.

Curious minds want to know however.

2. News (Archive)   -   #22
    Basically he's found a way into the ps3 so things can be developed. This is a quote from the Root Labs Explanation about the hack -
    "It is quite possible someone will package this attack into a modchip since the glitch, while somewhat narrow, does not need to be very precisely timed. With a microcontroller and a little analog circuitry for the pulse, this could be quite reliable. However, it is more likely that a software bug will be found after reverse-engineering the dumped hypervisor and that is what will be deployed for use by the masses.
    "

3. News (Archive)   -   #23
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Also, only works on "phat" PS3, and of course, now that the hack is known prices will skyrocket just like it did when GTASA sex scene in-gme the original version went up on EBAY 50x it's normal value...I had it and then when I got the PS3 I sold it for a $1, guess I should have kept it, a collectors item or sorts...they fixed that bug, so I assume future versions of the PS3 will also do this, so in conclusion PS3 phats already go for $500, most are the MGS4 bundles....yikes.
    [center]

4. News (Archive)   -   #24
    Correct me if I'm wrong but thats PS3 phat as opposed to ps3 slim. So this wont work on the slim then? I have a launch 60gb phat model.

5. News (Archive)   -   #25
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bonopoxed View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but thats PS3 phat as opposed to ps3 slim. So this wont work on the slim then? I have a launch 60gb phat model.
    At the moment it needs OtherOS which the Slim doesn't have. George has basically cracked the lid and needs to get inside the box. I'm sure other devs are onto it too.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123