Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: scc invites

kurdt's Avatar Death From Above
    Quote Originally Posted by Tv Controls you View Post
    Is that anonymous on peer list thing actually work? Just wondering as I heard scc has gotten alot of anti p2p into circulation recently.
    where did you hear that? as to your question, do you meen peerblock/peerguardian? if so, then it is as good as the blocklists you put into it.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    snagit's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Is that anonymous on peer list thing actually work? Just wondering as I heard scc has gotten alot of anti p2p into circulation recently.
    I believe that means just being shown as anonymous on the site, not in the peerlist in uTorrent and such.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by snagit View Post
    I believe that means just being shown as anonymous on the site, not in the peerlist in uTorrent and such.
    it says anonymous on peer list. I don't understand how they would make you look anonymous though.

@kurdt I get alot of blocks coming from scc anymore using peerblock and was just wondering if that is really what scc is offering for donating
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 01-26-2010 at 01:51 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by tippertime View Post

waffles is running a special where if you donate to a Hatti relief fund they give you 250 points for every dollar donated...so $10 will get you a few freeleechs easily, just did it myself
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by snagit View Post

it says anonymous on peer list. I don't understand how they would make you look anonymous though.

@kurdt I get alot of blocks coming from scc anymore using peerblock and was just wondering if that is really what scc is offering for donating
    start using a different tracker.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    awaited...
    ....anti p2p can kiss my .....

I was just wondering if there anonymous peer thing actually worked....

Alot of trackers I'm on have anti p2p organizations on them unfortunately, wasn't meaning to get real off topic.. Just a quick question.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 01-26-2010 at 03:56 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4

It's gotta mean that you show up as Anonymous on the peer list in the torrent thread. You know when you click on the Peers tab in the torrent details page and up comes two lists marked Peers and Leechers? That's where you show up as Anonymous.

You were thinking that you were going to be showing up as Anonymous in your bittorrent client(as in your ip wouldn't be showing?)? That would be nice.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    It's gotta mean that you show up as Anonymous on the peer list in the torrent thread. You know when you click on the Peers tab in the torrent details page and up comes two lists marked Peers and Leechers? That's where you show up as Anonymous.

You were thinking that you were going to be showing up as Anonymous in your bittorrent client(as in your ip wouldn't be showing?)? That would be nice.
    Thank you, that makes sense.

Lol that would be really nice, I was just trying to think how it was possible. I never thought they were talking about on their actual site, I thought they meant on the torrent clients peer ip addresses.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 01-26-2010 at 04:02 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I never thought they were talking about on their actual site, I thought they meant on the torrent clients peer ip addresses.
    That would be something truly great. I would feel so much better about downloading from bittorrent then. And if SCC had the ability to make this happen, it would be extremely shitty if they made their members pay for the option.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I never thought they were talking about on their actual site, I thought they meant on the torrent clients peer ip addresses.
    That would be something truly great. I would feel so much better about downloading from bittorrent then. And if SCC had the ability to make this happen, it would be extremely shitty if they made their members pay for the option.
    as far as i am aware, thats impossible for a tracker to do, as its the client side that displays the ips (yes the tracker sends the members info including IPs to the client, but without them you would not be able to download).

and even if a client done that, all anyone would have to do is start 1 torrent, go to a cmd prompt and type netstat -n and they will have all the ips that are connected to them anyway.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    TraLaLa's Avatar knowledge is power BT Rep: +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post

as far as i am aware, thats impossible for a tracker to do, as its the client side that displays the ips (yes the tracker sends the members info including IPs to the client, but without them you would not be able to download).

and even if a client done that, all anyone would have to do is start 1 torrent, go to a cmd prompt and type netstat -n and they will have all the ips that are connected to them anyway.
    and that info can't be encrypted somehow ? a n00b question

“The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity.”

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast