Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast

Thread: TorrentDay fakes stats and members! Be aware of this site.

Quote Originally Posted by merwais View Post
    still he is going elsewhere just to save his ass
    Feel free to post a TCP dump of an scrape request returning peers. I'll post one proving the opposite myself:

Code:
    GET /scrape?info_hash=3%82%0d%b6%dd%5eY%28%d2%3b%c8%11%bb%ac%2fJ%e9L%b8%82 HTTP/1.1
    Host: torrent.ubuntu.com:6969
    User-Agent: uTorrent/1850(17414)
    Accept-Encoding: gzip

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
    Content-Length: 119
    Content-Type: text/plain

d5:filesd20:3.
    ..^Y(.;..../J.L..d8:completei54e10:downloadedi0e10:incompletei2e4:name28:ubuntu-8.10-desktop-i386.isoeee
    Do you see any peer IPs there? I can't see any! The "files" dictionary only contains:
    one key/value pair for each torrent for which there are stats
    The rest of the values should be self-explanatory. "downloaded" is the amount of snatches on that torrent. "complete" is the amount of seeders. "incomplete" is the amount of leechers.

Also, let's have a look at the numwant thingy:
    numwant: Optional. Number of peers that the client would like to receive from the tracker. This value is permitted to be zero. If omitted, typically defaults to 50 peers.
    My quotes are from the BitTorrent protocol specification:
    http://wiki.theory.org/BitTorrentSpecification

Happy now?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. BitTorrent   -   #142
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I think that merwais has realized how completely wrong he is but is using the "I won't argue with you" excuse to cover his blatantly biased defense of TorrentDay from completely crumbling.

Oh and using words such as "kid" to address us in order to make it seem like he is a mature and all knowing adult that clearly has far more wisdom than any one of us could ever have.

3. BitTorrent   -   #143
    merwais's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    anon-sbi, you should know, we are not talking about public tracker.

We are talking about private tracker.

Each torrent have a unique ID !
    Each member have a unique passkey.
    Each member have a unique row which records his total uploaded/downloaded amount and downloading/uploading speed and it counts as a 1 seeder(download) or 1 leecher(upload).

For Example.

If a torrent unique is: 123
    and Torrent unique ID 123 have a total of 300 seeder and 50 leecher.
    It means, there are 300 unique rows of seeders and 50 unique rows of leechers.

300+50 a total of 350 unique rows in MySQL database.

When client is sending a request to get total amount of peers.
    Private tracker source sends a request to MySQL for the unique torrent ID to check the total amount of seeders and leechers.

It will plus all rows which includes seeders and leechers and sending back to the client.

row 1+2+3+4+5 = [total] and sends back to torrent client and it shows how many peers the unique torrent have in your torrent client.

In order to decrease MySQL load, some trackers have limited this request and only allowing to search only 5% or 50% of the peers which is in their MySQL database.

Limiting searching whole table for total peers is a great improvement for private trackers, if every single member send request to get all 350 rows, MySQL will be F**ked up

and anon-sbi, you know it better how a torrent client works, it updates every 30 minute or 1 hour. it means requesting whole peers list every 30 or 1 hour and some buggy torrent clients have enabled update, members can update 100 times in a minute if they want to. they will start spamming and there will be a BIG MySQL FLOOD and site will be inaccessible !

Hope this makes things clear for you Mr.anon-sbi!

Rart: please, if you can't put something useful to make this topic interesting then please STFU and read only. PLEASE!!!
    It won't get you anywhere and you know it better

4. BitTorrent   -   #144
    I am unaware of the coding aspects of trackers so I'll leave anon-sbi to respond (at least I can admit that I'm clueless, heh).

Merwais, let me ask you this: This entire time you have been completely dodging the fact that TorrentDay has been lying about over 100,000 of their fictual members in order to fake the fact that their tracker is doing well. Not to mention the fact that right after /delacct.php was mentioned in this thread, they removed the link to keep the members there.

How can you so concretely believe that TD is legitimately limiting the amount of peers we see when their integrity is already more than compromised in other areas of the site?

The odds are most certainly not in their favor.
    Last edited by Rart; 02-03-2010 at 01:16 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #145
    @Rart: I am not 100% sure if Torrentday is limiting their peers or not, maybe they faked or maybe not. I can't judge coz i am not 100% sure about it.

I am just saying Torrents.ru and some other torrentsites have peers limitation option, that's all.

How on earth i would know about delaccount.php or whateva, there are enough members who reviewed this topic. over 4k members reviewed this topic and keep reviewing...

I don't give a shit about Torrentday or torrents.ru
    I am just explaining how things works, that's all.

6. BitTorrent   -   #146
    You don't "give a shit" about TorrentDay?

The fact that you posted their site in the open signup thread about 10 times while advertising that they're "the gateway to the scene" would beg to differ.

And you still seem persistent on completely avoiding the fact that they seemed to have lied about over 100,000 members in their nonexistent userbase. How do you think that affects the integrity of the site?

7. BitTorrent   -   #147
    I like Torrentday and their speed and layout.
    I don't have access to their database to know how many members they really have, so i can't tell you that.

about advertising, yeah, they asked their members to help them out.
    I was helping for 3-4 weeks and posting their ads everywhere.

I was posting here also but someone asked me to stop posting/spamming, i stopped posting their ads. that's all.

maybe they have 1k or 100k or 200k, i am not sure about their user base but they are getting famous too fast

TL have 180k registered members, their torrents have 180k peers ? NO
    Every tracker have idle users. hope u know it

Torrentday:
    Movie: Daybreakers DVDSCR LINE XviD-MENTiON
    Snatched: 22869 times
    Comments: 391

They do have good user base
    Last edited by merwais; 02-03-2010 at 02:12 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #148
    I do know about the possibility of having an "idle" userbase, but the fact of the matter is that rather than just being idle, on Torrentday 100,000 member ID's are blatantly missing. It's not a matter of having part of the user base idle (which is even more likely in a new tracker like TD where users may have joined on a whim), it's the fact that while UserID's go up to 200,000, there aren't any that exist under 99,000. Which means that they are most certainly lying about there userbase, not that 100k users are "idle".

And with that kind of integrity, those snatch numbers should be taken with a grain of salt at best.

Also - how often do users who are just "casually" asked to advertise the tracker willing to spend 3-4 weeks spamming a tracker url on forums? I think it's safe to say that you're a little more dedicated to the tracker than "not giving a shit".

9. BitTorrent   -   #149
    take a chill pill
    I like Torrentday, that's all.

They fake or super fake, i don't care about their userbase.
    All i know is i am comfortable with their layout and download speeds

10. BitTorrent   -   #150
    Sigh. It's like talking to a wall. I give up. Do whatever you fucking want.

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast