Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: why do you use file sharing??

miss

Urgent

hi,

Im writing a dissertation on music file sharing and would like to know why people use file sharing. I Would also like to know how much music you roughly download per month....

if you post your comments I will be very grateful!

p.s This is just for my uni work

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by miss View Post
    Im writing a dissertation on music file sharing and would like to know why people use file sharing.
    In my case it's because I don't have enough money to pay for certain software, albums, etc. (my country's exchange rate doesn't help either, to convert from euros to my local currency you have to multiply by 5 ), or simply don't want to.

I Would also like to know how much music you roughly download per month....
    An average would be anywhere from 5 to 10 albums a month. Sometimes I download enough music to fill a DVD5 in a few days, sometimes I don't.
    Last edited by anon; 01-25-2010 at 05:17 PM.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    for me Filesharingtalk this is best of the best forum

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    He said filesharing, not FST
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    WakeMeUp's Avatar Obey! BT Rep: +2
    I guess...to share files?
    As already stated, the main reason to download are the way too high prices out there. Sharing involves a variety of factors, and the most common one is the sense of community. And not only meant as a tracker community.

I download like less than 5 gb of music per month

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Im writing a dissertation on music file sharing and would like to know why people use file sharing.
    If you would like to listen to music, you need a method to do this obviously. With the improvement of technology digital music became practical.
    And the great thing about digital music - it's free, not only in the sense of possibilities but also from an economic point of view.

Today MP3-Players are popular for music listening, and file sharing is a great way to charge them with music, so I guess that's why people use it.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    hi,

Im writing a dissertation on music file sharing and would like to know why people use file sharing. I Would also like to know how much music you roughly download per month....

if you post your comments I will be very grateful!

p.s This is just for my uni work
    Takes 6mths before music from the US gets here. So thanks to H3X (and other grps know for leaks) I can get it a month before the US does .

I'm capped to 50gb/mo and I use it all.

Why should I wait x amount longer just because of my location? That's if it's not banned by the time it gets here .
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Thrill of the chase.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    captive's Avatar speaks.his.mind
    dont get caught up in the "i like to share, anti big business" crap. its plain and simple, coz i get dozens and dozens of films,music,appz etc for 6quid pm from NG. done.
    ///dont.let.the.bastards.get.you.down\\\

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I download less than 1GB mp3 per month.
    I do it for many reasons, way too many.
    But to enumerate one of the most important ones, the comfort. One click away, nearly instantly I get the album, and I pay nothing.
    Is this perfect? Yes, it is.

I use both torrents and usenet (mostly the latter).
    Last edited by Cabalo; 01-27-2010 at 04:31 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast