Sad news from FL. Some speculate a new sysop willing to continue the project may appear during this shutdown process, but the part about such a position requiring immense trust, dedication, time and technical knowledge is 100% accurate, so it's very unlikely someone ticking those boxes will suddenly show up.

FileList 2007 - 2023

Dear ones,
I'm sorry to have to make this announcement, but this is where our tracker comes to an end. It is important that you understand and accept this decision. Although it was a difficult one, it was taken after careful evaluation and for good reasons.

Unfortunately, I no longer have the time to run the site. A site like this requires quite a lot of commitment and my priorities in everyday life have changed in recent years. Time is the most precious resource for all of us and I have invested enough time here.

I wanted to leave the site to someone else, who would take care of the community in the future, but unfortunately I don't have anyone to leave it to. ToXiC, the one who was going to take my place is no longer with us.

This is quite the responsibility, we have a large number of users who also have sensitive data that cannot be left in anyone's hands. Abuses can be made and whoever has absolute power can decide anything regarding everything related to the community, so obviously a reliable, capable person is needed who also has very advanced technical knowledge to ensure the security of our users and proper functioning of the site.
It is quite difficult to find such a person who is integrated here and shares the same values and has the same dedication that you have enjoyed for the last 16 years.

I decided that the best thing to do is to close the site rather than risk something like this.
I'm truly sorry, I've also put a lot of work into this and I've always had the community at heart.

As a SysOp I thank you for your active involvement in our community. I deeply appreciated the valuable contributions, the passion you brought and the effort you put in. FileList would not be what it is today without the involvement of all of you!

What happens from now on?
From this moment on, donations are closed and the amount we have covers expenses for the next 2-3 months.
During this time you can still enjoy the site, download what you need from here and post your goodbye message in the thread.
After ~3 months, sometime around January 2024, the site will be closed permanently.

With love and appreciation,
EboLLa