Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Another Abuse Of Power?

kAb's Avatar Poster
    talking about this in a topic doesn't work.

when my abortion topic was closed, i pm'd the mod who closed it and we worked together to create a new abortion topic with rules that anything close to flaming would end the topic.

it worked.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Fasttracker A
    Originally posted by Lamsey+17 October 2003 - 19:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 17 October 2003 - 19:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-soopaman@17 October 2003 - 16:35
    I wasn&#39;t offended by Scribblec calling me a "retard", it was only a bit of Football banter.
    Perhaps you weren&#39;t offended by it, but there are many who might be. Those who are emotionally or mentally disabled, for instance. What you take to be &#39;only a bit of football banter&#39; may seriously hurt another person.

As I have said, if there is flaming of this sort, we will close threads such as this. We have always worked like this, to avoid anyone being upset by the content on the forum.

I am percieving that you have some sort of personal vendetta against me, Soopaman. If you really do believe that my age or attitude does not qualify me to be in the mod team, please do feel free to PM an administrator or another member of the mod team. [/b][/quote]
    Forum - Rules
    1. All posts are the property of the poster. Comments and opinions are those of the poster, and do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of this site and its administrators. Posts may be deleted for any reasons the administrators and moderators deem reasonable. Posts may be editted by the administrators and moderators if the post violates the board rules.

So wouldnt the proper course of action be to edit the post and warn the poster ?
    The call is yours to make in this case ,but that dosent mean the correct one was made.
    That being said I think and many would agree you have made a bad judgement
    call.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    You should step down as a mod here lamsey my boy.
    And shave the patch thats suposed to be between your brows.
    Muscleman.....niether muscle nor man....just a filthy load of SPAM&#33;&#33;

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Signature removed

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by The Chechen@18 October 2003 - 12:24
    You should step down as a mod here lamsey my boy.
    And shave the patch thats suposed to be between your brows.
    Touché

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Fasttracker A
    Originally posted by nahan+18 October 2003 - 06:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nahan @ 18 October 2003 - 06:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Lamsey@17 October 2003 - 19:51
    <!--QuoteBegin-soopaman
    @17 October 2003 - 16:35
    I wasn&#39;t offended by Scribblec calling me a "retard", it was only a bit of Football banter.

Perhaps you weren&#39;t offended by it, but there are many who might be. Those who are emotionally or mentally disabled, for instance. What you take to be &#39;only a bit of football banter&#39; may seriously hurt another person.

As I have said, if there is flaming of this sort, we will close threads such as this. We have always worked like this, to avoid anyone being upset by the content on the forum.

I am percieving that you have some sort of personal vendetta against me, Soopaman. If you really do believe that my age or attitude does not qualify me to be in the mod team, please do feel free to PM an administrator or another member of the mod team.
    Forum - Rules
    1. All posts are the property of the poster. Comments and opinions are those of the poster, and do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of this site and its administrators. Posts may be deleted for any reasons the administrators and moderators deem reasonable. Posts may be editted by the administrators and moderators if the post violates the board rules.

So wouldnt the proper course of action be to edit the post and warn the poster ?
    The call is yours to make in this case ,but that dosent mean the correct one was made.
    That being said I think and many would agree you have made a bad judgement
    call. [/b][/quote]

Lamsey

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Ex-member
    Wow, you are so clever and witty. I feel crushed, really I do. I don&#39;t know how I can possibly come up with a comeback. How clever of you to point out that my eyebrows join in the middle. I have truly been pwn3d.

[/sarcasm]

8. Lounge   -   #38
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@18 October 2003 - 14:48
    Wow, you are so clever and witty. I feel crushed, really I do. I don&#39;t know how I can possibly come up with a comeback. How clever of you to point out that my eyebrows join in the middle. I have truly been pwn3d.

[/sarcasm]
    it would have been funnier without the [/sarcasm]

but u still got pwned&#33;

all your brow are belong to us&#33;

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Lord of the KLF
    its a shame when we live in a world when the ppl without power must compensate for their inadquacies by blaming the ppl with power for thier own problems and arrays of mental states,

for one i have been with this board for a long time and yes i know my post count is not that high and i have been away for a while but i am one of those people who believe that the quality of input is better than the quantity,

in the end if you do not have something valid or insightful to say then do not say it - there was a time when every piece of bandwidth on the forum was precious and we abided by this rule i think that by rights we should keep that up.

In the end i know that many of you may disagree with some of Lamsey&#39;s decisions but it would be impossible for him to please everyone and when he see&#39;s a breach of not only the forum rules but also what would be considered a civilized code of conduct then he has every right nay the duty to stop it because after all that is his role as a Mod on this forum.

Remember posting here is a privilage not a right and giving the mods a hard time is really not the way to show your appreciation of this

10. Lounge   -   #40
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Originally posted by kRAyZZed@19 October 2003 - 10:35
    ...yes i know my post count is not that high ... but i am one of those people who believe that the quality of input is better than the quantity,

in the end if you do not have something valid or insightful to say then do not say it - there was a time when every piece of bandwidth on the forum was precious and we abided by this rule i think that by rights we should keep that up.
    Exactly. You&#39;ve just summed up my forum philosophy perfectly.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast