Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Sharing An Internet Connection

  1. #1
    i have 2 computers on the my network, i have read numerous guides on how to share a broadband connection over a lan network but i just cant get the second computer on the network to process its internet requests through the server, so could somebody please give me a guide that works or tell me how i can share the connection

    Thanks

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Leeds - Yorkshire - UK
    Posts
    1,364
    What you on cable etc. What have you tried programs etc. What is the hardware these might help a bit.

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,048
    Originally posted by ghost944@17 October 2003 - 16:34
    i have 2 computers on the my network, i have read numerous guides on how to share a broadband connection over a lan network but i just cant get the second computer on the network to process its internet requests through the server, so could somebody please give me a guide that works or tell me how i can share the connection

    Thanks
    get a router - cost - $40 bucks. time - 10 minutes.

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    im on broadband, boath pc's on xp pro, boath using a SiS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter, its all set up but i cant get the client pc to process its internet requests on the server so the internet doesnt work on the client pc.

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Leeds - Yorkshire - UK
    Posts
    1,364
    Ok I understand a bit more now me I don't have the need only one machine and thats enough,my brother though as two he uses a usb link cable which came with its own software and it works great.Now fours years back before all this a friend of mine who does this thing for a living put a program on called Wingate this gives you a sort of explorer on both machines so they see each other plus can connect to the net at the same time,you can also see what the other person is upto ie on a porn site (cheeky kids) I have never used this but I think that's what you want "software" though I thought XP did this for you.
    Besides the above answer check out www.deerfield.com I do still have the program plus crack if you want this one its 5.31 big.

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,048
    Originally posted by cwctv@17 October 2003 - 22:48
    Ok I understand a bit more now me I don't have the need only one machine and thats enough,my brother though as two he uses a usb link cable which came with its own software and it works great.Now fours years back before all this a friend of mine who does this thing for a living put a program on called Wingate this gives you a sort of explorer on both machines so they see each other plus can connect to the net at the same time,you can also see what the other person is upto ie on a porn site (cheeky kids) I have never used this but I think that's what you want "software" though I thought XP did this for you.
    Besides the above answer check out www.deerfield.com I do still have the program plus crack if you want this one its 5.31 big.
    xp comes with internet sharing if u don't wanna buy a router.

    i used 2 use wingate years ago!

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    PAiNKiLLER
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    922
    If both of you are using xp then just connect using usb link cable. Life is so simple...

    Image Resized


  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,048
    Originally posted by fr600@18 October 2003 - 00:16
    If both of you are using xp then just connect using usb link cable. Life is so simple...
    what if the computers r on seperate floors?

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    PAiNKiLLER
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    922
    Originally posted by kurtsl0an+18 October 2003 - 06:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kurtsl0an @ 18 October 2003 - 06:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-fr600@18 October 2003 - 00:16
    If both of you are using xp then just connect using usb link cable. Life is so simple...
    what if the computers r on seperate floors? [/b][/quote]

    Gotta buy a damn long cable. Jesus...

    Image Resized


  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,048
    Originally posted by fr600+18 October 2003 - 00:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fr600 @ 18 October 2003 - 00:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by kurtsl0an@18 October 2003 - 06:17
    <!--QuoteBegin-fr600
    @18 October 2003 - 00:16
    If both of you are using xp then just connect using usb link cable. Life is so simple...

    what if the computers r on seperate floors?
    Gotta buy a damn long cable. Jesus... [/b][/quote]
    wow - sorry fer such a stupid question i guess.

    usb cables r good fer 16 feet w/out a booster. gettin a lil more difficult.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •