Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm not making any more giveaways

AdrianPhoto's Avatar Nice Member BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I don't know why, but some people tend to be idiots Before I give any invite, I make sure that the person is doing well on other trackers, and have a nice speed I ask for 2 speedtests , and I check them all I invited someone to a tracker here's what happened - 2 speedtests with 3 Mb/s upload - 3 Screenshots and 1 profile link - He signed up with his forum user name - He's connectible on the tracker, and yet his ratio is
    Share ratio : 0.005
    I don't know what to do, soon the tracker's staff will find.
    Last edited by AdrianPhoto; 01-27-2010 at 07:01 PM.

I LOVE Canada

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Why not contact the member you gave the invite to in the first instance in case there is a genuine reason/problem for the poor ratio?

If there is none then either you're gonna have to hope if the staff on the tracker are understanding about it and don't take any action against you..... OR, you could approach them first and explain things yourself.

Which tracker was it? And how come this query on BT is in the lounge? I don't think that'll go down too well in here to some
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    How much time has passed since you invited him? You can't expect everyone to have a great ratio in just a day, even if they have a good upload speed.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianPhoto View Post
    I don't know what to do, soon the tracker's staff will find.
    Most trackers give you a grace period to increase your ratio, not to mention the actual ratio requirements often only come into effect after you've downloaded a certain amount.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    It would be great if you could uninvite some one you invited...
    Talk to your invitee and see what the deal is. If you get no response, or do not like the response, take it up with the tracker staff. They are going to be much more responsive if you go to them, rather then waiting for them to come to you most likely.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Well, everything is pretty simple. If you have invites that doesn't mean that you need to use them. So just invite your friends only or do not invite anybody Screenshots, profile links, activity aren't real arguments. It's just a nice wrapper.

sheriff -

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    That tends to happen when you do giveaways on sites like this. I almost lost an account on a tracker due to inviting a trader err i invited him from the power user section on norbits.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Personally I tend to like having the invitee write in the excess of 1 or more paragraphs about why he'd want to join the tracker.

Anyone who's willing to write a decently semi-coherent paragraph on why he/she wishes to join is at least a little more credible to me than a sugar coating of ratio proofs.

But alas, with the disadvantages of a public forum, there are always be bad apples in the forum. I would advise forcing applicants to apply in public so members can check on their history, and perhaps asking the mods to check up on them, as from this thread:

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...section-377973

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    I took this decision a long time ago =/

Anyway, as someone else said, sometimes you have to give him some time to improve his ratio. Take a look at the amount he already downloaded and you can have an idea of his intentions.

I remember you were asking for a bitme invite a while ago... Seems to be a nice guy.

Hope you solve your problem soon and that this guy you invited turns out to be a good user.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    AdrianPhoto's Avatar Nice Member BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Thanks everyone for being part of the discussion as you can see, I'm not writing this to complain about what happened, what's done.. is done. and this is a lesson for me, I'll try to contact the tracker's staff to help resolve this.
    Why not contact the member you gave the invite to in the first instance in case there is a genuine reason/problem for the poor ratio?
    Actually I tried to, but go no response
    Most trackers give you a grace period to increase your ratio, not to mention the actual ratio requirements often only come into effect after you've downloaded a certain amount.
    That's what keeping me patient until now
    It would be great if you could uninvite some one you invited...
    Like if there was a button, "UnInvite", you know, that can be activated when the invitee has a low-low-low ratio, ah! that would be greate.
    Well, everything is pretty simple. If you have invites that doesn't mean that you need to use them. So just invite your friends only or do not invite anybody
    in the meantime, I'll stick to that.. But I know me.. I'll just post a giveaway thread in a week or so, talking about being stupid!
    That tends to happen when you do giveaways on sites like this. I almost lost an account on a tracker due to inviting a trader err i invited him from the power user section on norbits.
    I guess I'll just have to learn from my mistakes then.
    But alas, with the disadvantages of a public forum, there are always be bad apples in the forum. I would advise forcing applicants to apply in public so members can check on their history, and perhaps asking the mods to check up on them
    That would be the best thing to do in the current circumstances. Thanks again everybody

I remember you were asking for a bitme invite a while ago... Seems to be a nice guy.
    Actually this is what makes me do these giveaways, not being nice of course, but rather that I was in deep need for something and the community was generous enough to grant me my year-old wish, I feel obligated to give something back to the community.
    Last edited by AdrianPhoto; 01-27-2010 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I LOVE Canada

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Well in your case, the person at least use the tracker (wrongly). I have given out invites to people who, after registration, never use the tracker. what a waste.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast