Thread: Hard Drive Recovery

6 Hard drives has died. They are visible to other computers but not accessible. I need software to help me fix these hard drives. Thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    wat o/s you running?? XP, if so just formatt, usally its very had to recover data unless it is currypt just a little bit, not lot

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@17 October 2003 - 20:15
    wat o/s you running?? XP, if so just formatt, usally its very had to recover data unless it is currypt just a little bit, not lot
    Fdisk says the hard drive isn't there!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I am not sure whether this might really help you. How about using Partition Magic to see if the drive is even there. You could format the drive form Partition magic too.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    http://www.r-tt.com/RStudio.shtml

it may take a while to learn how to use this program, but if it&#39;s possible to recover any data from your hard drives, R-Studio is as good a tool as any.

it won&#39;t fix your drives though. it salvages data, it doesn&#39;t repair disks.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by I.am@18 October 2003 - 04:40
    I am not sure whether this might really help you. How about using Partition Magic to see if the drive is even there. You could format the drive form Partition magic too.
    Help&#33; Partition Magic has this error

Init error: 100
    Partition Table is bad

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Try Ranish partition manager. I&#39;m not sure it will work but try it.

http://www.ranish.com/part/

Or perhaps a low level format done by the harddrives manfacturer software. (example: &#39;powermax&#39; from Maxtor).

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    6 Hard drives has died. They are visible to other computers but not accessible. I need software to help me fix these hard drives.
    Ok what do you mean by visible in the bios(cmos) if so that is a good start.
    Now (Init error: 100 Partition Table is bad) is what it says normaly when the drive can&#39;t been seen if the controller fails (or a bad chipset on motherboard),can up hear the drives start up its like a very low whine/tick.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by The Kiler+18 October 2003 - 01:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Kiler @ 18 October 2003 - 01:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheFilePirater@17 October 2003 - 20:15
    Fdisk says the hard drive isn&#39;t there&#33; [/b][/quote]
    if you have used fdisk

YOU ARE FDISK&#39;ED