Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't they have enough problems already?

惡魔的提倡者
    In this age where a person can lay bleeding in the street have people step over him it's reassuring that there is enough good in the world that when things like Haiti happen we step up and help.

Then I read reports about idiots getting in the way.

What on earth would make a church in the USA think it could send some of its congregation to Haiti and take 33 children out of the country without any authority? It appears they just had transport. One of the children, an infant was so badly dehydrated when they were stopped that it needed emergency medical assistance.

Then there were the scientologists who got on a plane with just money, no food, supplies or plan and when they arrived had to ask the UN if they could set up in their compound. These scientologists went into a hospital and in a land where superstition reigns "laid hands" on sick and injured people and told them they were cured. Medics in the hospital complained that sick people were refusing treatment because they believed the scientologist had special powers.
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 02-02-2010 at 09:53 PM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Apparently in overzealous attempts of generosity, many babies that could have potentially been reunited with their families are constantly being swept away, and as of such many organizations are now urging people to take more caution and follow far more stringent standards and rules before attempting any adoptions. While these acts of generosity are great, it seems almost like it's been insinuated into pop culture that its the "cool new thing" to do, almost to the point that anyone off the street can go to Haiti and pluck up a baby. It certainly does seem to be causing more harm than good at points =/

And we all know that Scientology is just a money front

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Apparently in overzealous attempts of generosity, many babies that could have potentially been reunited with their families are constantly being swept away, and as of such many organizations are now urging people to take more caution and follow far more stringent standards and rules before attempting any adoptions. While these acts of generosity are great, it seems almost like it's been insinuated into pop culture that its the "cool new thing" to do, almost to the point that anyone off the street can go to Haiti and pluck up a baby. It certainly does seem to be causing more harm than good at points =/

Overzealous attempts of generosity? I have heard many excuses for law breaking in my life, That one takes the biscuit. Opportunism more like. If they had crossed the border into Mexico and did the same thing the punishment would be life imprisonment. The same rules should apply in Haiti.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    Then there were the scientologists who got on a plane with just money, no food, supplies or plan and when they arrived had to ask the UN if they could set up in their compound. These scientologists went into a hospital and in a land where superstition reigns "laid hands" on sick and injured people and told them they were cured. Medics in the hospital complained that sick people were refusing treatment because they believed the scientologist had special powers.
    Isn't Scientology regarded as a religion, a la:

Truth About Scientology - The Only Major Religion To Emerge in 20th Century.
    Scientology.org

Does L. Ron Hubbard fit the bill as a deity?

What are the organizational/structural differences between Atheism and Scientology?

Are the Atheists trying to help in Haiti as well?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    All I know is that I cracked up when even a South Park episode was approximately 99% accurate when it came to displaying what Scientologists really believe in.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/103804/
    Last edited by Rart; 02-03-2010 at 09:20 PM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Scientology.org

What are the organizational/structural differences between Atheism and Scientology?

It's good to see that you received the wooden spoon I returned to you.

Please don't start on the definition of deity. You missed out the Moonies who's leader claims to be a Deity.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post

Scientology.org

It's good to see that you received the wooden spoon I returned to you.

Please don't start on the definition of deity. You missed out the Moonies who's leader claims to be a Deity.
    I had the spoon, Bob, but I was holding it by the wrong end; couldn't bring myself to stir the poor fellow further.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    What are the organizational/structural differences between Atheismconservatism and Scientology?

Are the Atheists conservatives trying to help in Haiti as well?
    Fixed.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    What are the organizational/structural differences between Atheismconservatism and Scientology?

Are the Atheists conservatives trying to help in Haiti as well?
    Fixed.
    You've obviously overlooked the relevant thread, sir.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Since when is relevant an issue.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast