Thread: Bittorent Dled File Wont Work

I attempted to a program off of torrentz.com. I set my computer to hybernate in 2 hours, when the file would be done. I came back said download succeeded, but when I go into the folder i dled it to there is no exe to open. The only files i see are flt-halo.1, flt-halo2, flt-halo3 and so on. The size of the program indicates the dl did infact complete.

This is my first time using Bittorent, so either I made some stupid mistake... or something is wrong with the file. Anyone have a ny suggestions?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by endezeichen@18 October 2003 - 03:55
    I attempted to a program off of torrentz.com. I set my computer to hybernate in 2 hours, when the file would be done. I came back said download succeeded, but when I go into the folder i dled it to there is no exe to open. The only files i see are flt-halo.1, flt-halo2, flt-halo3 and so on. The size of the program indicates the dl did infact complete.

This is my first time using Bittorent, so either I made some stupid mistake... or something is wrong with the file. Anyone have a ny suggestions?
    ur not making a stupid mistake, but a mistake. 1st off, u should not have hibernated. not sure wat it really does to ur dl, but it's not good. secondly, after u dl halo, u have to extract the first file in that folder, and it'll extract out a bin and cue. and then u mount or burn. try that. if it says that u can't extract or it's corrupt, that's wat the hibernation does to the dl. then i guess u should start the torrent again into the same folder location as this one. DON'T DELETE THE FOLDER IF IT DOESNT WORK!! and reloading the torrent will check for corruption of the files in ur dl. try that. it should solve problem

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    well, the first file in that folder.... like the others, is flt-halo.1 (.1 is the extention)
    BTW- My computer went into hybernation after the dl was finished.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    muchspl2
    just need to open the first file with winrar
    http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    lol cant believe that tok so long to be anwered

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    There is no exe, this is a cd image which has been compressed, you uncompress the first file with winrar, this should leave you with a bin and cue which you can burn to cd or mount with a program like alcohol.