Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dvd Screeners?

it kinda is but somtime not as good and time code on it watermarks stuff like that sometimes black n white in parts with no copys writen on bottom of it

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    ahh ok tnx for that explanation

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Originally posted by Adster@18 October 2003 - 03:47
    what is a DVD sceener?? if its not on DVD
    it's a DVD created around the time of a movie's cinema release, for review by people in the movie industry. the quality may be lower than commercial DVDs or comparable to them, but they do get leaked out and pirated because they're far better-looking than camcorder bootlegs. sometimes screeners contain text messages to the effect of "property of _______ movie studio" and "not for sale," sometimes they have several minutes where the color is drained out of the video... and sometimes they look just like a regular DVD.

anyway, a DVD screener is usually considered to be the most desirable version of a movie until the official DVD is released.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    newcster68's Avatar Taxicab Co. Owner
    VHS Screeners are somewhat ok but I still like dvd. I try not to download if at all possible vcd or svcd or cam versions cause at 700-800mb per cd and there are always 2 cds..just takes up to much hd space. Booy I wanna get that new 300GB hard drive soo bad but just dont got the mooollaaa

By the way I just posted my pic on here..

Newcster68's Picture Online

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    anyway, a DVD screener is usually considered to be the most desirable version of a movie until the official DVD is released.
    thats what I want to hear

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I just read an article that explained that several of the large studios have banded together and stopped releasing DVD screeners.
    This is in response to the piracy issue, of course.

The small studios and producers of limited release films are screaming because this will make it more difficult for their films to be seen/considered for Academy Awards.

I think it will only take one or two mass mailings to critics ( which is where our copies come from) by renegade studios and everyone will be back doing it again...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    newcster68's Avatar Taxicab Co. Owner
    The major studios have agreed to go along with the Motion Picture Association of America's proposal to stop the sending out DVD and video screeners to those who vote for the Oscars and other Hollywood awards.

The screen ban was announced Tuesday, just in time for MPAA President and CEO Jack Valenti to announce it before a Senate committee in Washington, D.C. He cited the move as "a determined commitment to combat digital piracy and to save movie jobs in the future." Valenti added that "400,000 to 600,000 films are being illegally abducted every day...and the MPAA intends to deploy every weapon at its command" to stop this..

BASTARDS!

8. Movies & TV   -   #18

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    what kinda crap is this

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    another day and no new screeners or dvdrips

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast