Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby World Cup.

TheBigGfella's Avatar Member
    England can take the aussies, but they've got to play out of their skins. If thy don't and the aussies play well, England are finished. Go England!

2. Lounge   -   #142
    Congrats to the Aussies for hosting another faultless sporting occasion, you really are getting the hang of it now.

Billy its good to know your roots still tug at your heart strings, my uncle died in Canberra 18 months ago. He moved down under in the late 40's after the war, with his German wife Inga. He always remembered his roots too, he would of loved to see England playing the Aussies (in their own back yard) in any world cup final. So i am just thrillled to be alive to experience the occasion.

If England do win in the final, he will be having a chuckle to himself.

R.I.P my uncle Ernie, English till he died.

3. Lounge   -   #143
    Poster
    hey guyz,

well now that New Zealand have kinda recoved from depression i was just wondering who you guyz are rooting for in the New Zealand / French Game?

Any guesses into the score.

P.S Its the 3rd/4th place playoff and its this thursday

4. Lounge   -   #144
    Originally posted by dray_02@18 November 2003 - 23:37
    hey guyz,

well now that New Zealand have kinda recoved from depression i was just wondering who you guyz are rooting for in the New Zealand / French Game?

Any guesses into the score.

P.S Its the 3rd/4th place playoff and its this thursday
    Whoever wins it wont make them any happier, in fact i'm sure both teams wish they had gone home by now, 3rd/4th place play offs are never remembered.
    But i must give my support to France, ..................not...lol.

5. Lounge   -   #145
    England have announced the 15 for the final on Saturday.
    It is probably the 15 Woody would of picked before the tournament started, so no excuses, this is our best 15 win or lose.

England: 15.

15 Josh Lewsey. 14 Jason Robinson. 13 Will Greenwood. 12 Mike Tindall. 11 Ben Cohen. 10 Jonny Wilkinson. 9 Matt Dawson. 8 Lawrence Dallaglio. 7 Neil Back. 6 Richard Hill. 5 Ben Kay. 4 Martin Johnson (capt). 3 Phil Vickery. 2 Steve Thompson. 1 Trevor Woodman.

For sure it's 15 good enough to beat any team on their day.
    Saturday is THAT day.

6. Lounge   -   #146
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    hmmm... i was born in West Ham in the UK.... came to OZ when i was 5...

but its Aussies all the way for me...

i'd especially like to see them win just to poke it up the people who said that the Aussies wouldnt even make it to the final!... up yer bums!!...

7. Lounge   -   #147
    Originally posted by Ozbabe@19 November 2003 - 09:30
    hmmm... i was born in West Ham in the UK.... came to OZ when i was 5...

but its Aussies all the way for me...

i'd especially like to see them win just to poke it up the people who said that the Aussies wouldnt even make it to the final!... up yer bums!!...
    Shame for you they wont win it, should stay with your roots, then you will be a happy bunny on Saturday, believe me !!

8. Lounge   -   #148
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    to be really honest with you Coco... i dont really have a problem with who wins...

either way it'll feel good...

it'll just feel BETTER if the Aussies win...

9. Lounge   -   #149
    Found some good & funny comments on another site,

Remember every Aussie will have a chip on his shoulder prior to this game. Mike "Crash Bang" Tindall is the one person big enough and stong enough to remove it by force! No doubt if we win, they will all have two chips on their shoulders after the game; at least they'll be balanced!
    Phil Tillman, London

Its a simple game. Let Tindall bang it up for a while to tire them out - then bring on Catt to put the ball behind them and turn them around. That worked even for the Irish!
    Rob Dey, London

Tindall has been part of our fantastic winning team for ages. We needed Catt to calm down Jonny and now he is back on song bringing back Tindall is the sensible option so we can shut down Mortlock who was brilliant aginst the All Blacks.
    Patrick Smith, Nottingham

10. Lounge   -   #150
    The time is nigh... *bump*.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast