Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palin's "cheat sheet"

Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/pol...eet.cnn?hpt=C2

If Obama is the "charismatic guy with the teleprompter", what does that make you?

Oh and now you're making sure to get questions beforehand so you don't fuck up?

Last edited by Rart; 02-09-2010 at 12:55 AM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Please don't feign surprise that Mrs. Palin is inconsistent, sophomoric and illogical.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    They all get questions beforehand in the debates, except the YouTube debates. In that debate, they do get the questions, but they get all the potential questions as well.

And at a convention, they're not attempting to stump anyone. Of course they get the questions first. All sides do.

Just for impartiality, I too think Palin is an unqualified candidate, even for VP. I just think pointing out that she put a word or two as a reminder on her hand is silly.
    Last edited by Skiz; 02-09-2010 at 04:43 AM.

yo

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Just for impartiality, I too think Palin is an unqualified candidate, even for VP. I just think pointing out that she put a word or two as a reminder on her hand is silly.
    It is silly and would border on irrelevant had she herself not made a point of deriding Obama for the exact same thing.
    Palin has a real problem with the "goose/gander" concept.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    They all get questions beforehand in the debates, except the YouTube debates. In that debate, they do get the questions, but they get all the potential questions as well.

And at a convention, they're not attempting to stump anyone. Of course they get the questions first. All sides do.

Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    It is silly and would border on irrelevant had she herself not made a point of deriding Obama for the exact same thing.
    Exactly. How can she criticize another for using "reminders" during a convention when she herself does the exact same thing? It's just hypocritical .

Although I didn't realize that you were allowed the questions prior to the debate. They seemed to emphasize that in the video as if it was something unusual, but I guess I was mistaken.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Long John Silver
    What is silly is not that she needed reminders but WHAT the words were..I mean how could she forget "ENERGY" with all the debates about oil drilling etc in her own state lmao

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Exactly. How can she criticize another for using "reminders" during a convention when she herself does the exact same thing? It's just hypocritical .

Although I didn't realize that you were allowed the questions prior to the debate. They seemed to emphasize that in the video as if it was something unusual, but I guess I was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by buggyfresh View Post
    What is silly is not that she needed reminders but WHAT the words were..I mean how could she forget "ENERGY" with all the debates about oil drilling etc in her own state lmao
    Exactly? Exactly what? Palin had a word or two written on her hand. A word or two that only she can validate. In the image, I have no idea where they get that it reads, "energy". You can't tell anything whatsoever from that film or image.

She also hasn't criticized Obama for reminders. You even put that in quotes for fuck sake.

She (and many others) have/has criticized him for utilizing a teleprompter at every speaking opportunity. The two are not comparable.
    Last edited by Skiz; 02-10-2010 at 05:07 AM.

yo

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral

Energy
    BudgetTax Cuts
    Lift American Spirits

Yes, that is a POW/MIA bracelet. Just pointing it out; I don't have a dog in this fight.

Last edited by MagicNakor; 02-10-2010 at 09:27 AM.
    things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    She (and many others) have/has criticized him for utilizing a teleprompter at every speaking opportunity. The two are not comparable.
    Yes, they are.

Politicians of every stripe at every level avail themselves of modern technology, the TelePromptr being but one example.
    Given that Palin is functionally incoherent- even when reading from prepared statements (have you ever tried parsing her resignation speech?)- she could particularly benefit from such support.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor View Post

Yes, that is a POW/MIA bracelet. Just pointing it out; I don't have a dog in this fight.

It's May not be a memorial braclet, it does however look a heck of a lot like one.

http://www.herobracelets.org/?p=3256
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 02-11-2010 at 12:29 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast