Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BroadcasThe.Net Review

Quote Originally Posted by Zac090 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jars View Post
    seeding zero day for 24 hours or 1/1.
    Do you realize the effect it has on file retention?
    Yes, I do, Zac09090, but from my time there, I've yet to see a negative impact on the donwnloading of older files. I've also yet to see it on FTN and GFT that ask for the extra 24 hours.

I can't seem to edit that post, but to add; on bitmetv I'm obliged to NOT seed files snatched AT ALL so long as the torrent is seeded at 6 seeders for every leecher, which is almost always the case; this allows you to hit and run all popular zero day stuff on bitmetv. BTN's policy is a lot more retentive than bitmetv's wouldn't you think?

Last edited by jars; 02-26-2010 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #12
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by That1Guy View Post
    For gods sake if you insist on making revies at least review the site. Not that I am condoning reviews but this copy/paste some screenshots and calling it a review is just asinine.

/rant off
    Site review: Utterly pointless unless you don't have Torrentbytes or SCC + any other decent 0day tracker. Most likely slower than other sites, because the backcatalogue will have limited snatches, and they haven't had the longevity to build up a good dedicated userbase like FTN has.

Basically, common sense says it will suck for a long while if they are doing things right, and if they aren't, then it will stagnate. No ratio sites put the brunt of the work on core users, and let other users ride on the coat tails of said users extra work. I think this concept will be harder on sites that require longevity than sites that compete for quick snatches without focusing on TTL (dedicated vs 0day), so this experimental site is kind of interesting. Ratio worked by giving those core users incentive to seed longer (because seedbox users would take most of the initial upload from them).
    Last edited by TrueSounds; 02-26-2010 at 04:50 PM.

3. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #13
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    To add to truesounds' opinion, the community is really active. Every time I login, there's hundreds of new posts, and yet, only about two are every longer than one line, and of those probably just one has something intelligent mentioned. Activity is really high, though, so if you enjoy a tracker with an entire board full of spam go for it.

Content wise, I loved finding A LOT of old shows on here, and yet, it is mainly mainstream stuff found everywhere else. For example, you won't find "Steven Spielberg presents Taken" on here, but you WILL find "That 70s Show" the complete collection. Two shows from the same time period, yet the one that wasn't mainstream enough isn't up. For such a new tracker, it's amazing how much content there is. At the same time, there's a few good shows that I couldn't find a single episode of on B*N, for example "Charmed".

On the speeds side of things, even with it being 0-day, there is a ton of seedboxes in any swarm you get into. To compare, I'd say it's close to GFT speeds, always topping at about 2-4Kkbps.

TrueSounds is correct, the browse page lists less than 20 snatches (put together) on the first 50 torrents. However, these are usually people with auto-download bots and nice seedboxes so it balances out.

Basically: This is a tracker that will/might challenge BMTV but it needs time.

4. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #14
    Zac090's Avatar t3h n00b BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    Activity is really high, though, so if you enjoy a tracker with an entire board full of spam go for it.
    Well...... the Welcome posts are really annoying TBH,I joined a month back and still get some occasionally(from people who get in just a few days ago )

5. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #15
    randsht
    yup needs time if you want to get all the content that youd like. the welcome spam is annoying and they are dealing with it. i dont even look at my wall anywho.

6. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #16
    JakeSully's Avatar Poster
    I got in BTN and I think it got potential , a year or 2 it will level up with others.

7. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #17
    anonymous0711's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I also enjoy BTN the ratio-less idea is nice but i have to agree with ringhunter, many shows that you would think would be popular are nowhere to be found. I've searched for "two and a half men", "the big bang theory", and a few other shows that come on television regularly but cant be found on here (criticize my taste in TV shows all you want idc lol)
    I do however love how everything is unrar'd and i personally like the friendliness (even if it is at times excessive) of the community
    some of us arent l33t enough to get into sites like FTN and so sites like this are a very welcome alternative imo

8. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #18
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Anonymous;

BTN-URL/series.php?id=236 (Two and a half men) and BTN-URL/series.php?id=232 (Big bang theory).

Enjoy I love those two shows as well.

9. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #19
    karachidude's Avatar Excelsior BT Rep: +5
    Two and a Half men is really hilarious..the best timepass

10. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #20
    anonymous0711's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    thanks ringhunter... for some reason every time i search i can never find it maybe im crazy lol

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast