Thread: Need some help

TraLaLa's Avatar knowledge is power BT Rep: +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95
    i searched the internet for a software but no luck so far, i wonder if there is a small apps that allows me to schedule a complete delete / format of my hard drive , its sounds crazy i know.
    let's say after 1 minute after system start up so i have the time to stop it
    or an application to protect my hard drive, i mean if its attached to another pc to not be able to use it.

ps: i have secret files some movies / tv series , small games and some music

“The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity.”

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice10UFO View Post
    i searched the internet for a software but no luck so far, i wonder if there is a small apps that allows me to schedule a complete delete / format of my hard drive , its sounds crazy i know.
    You could write a small batch script and run it via Task Scheduler:
    Code:
    @sleep 60
    @format X: /X /Y
    You'll need a copy of sleep.exe, but read below.

or an application to protect my hard drive, i mean if its attached to another pc to not be able to use it.
    Perhaps you could encrypt your hard drive via TrueCrypt.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    TraLaLa's Avatar knowledge is power BT Rep: +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95
    thanks anon

“The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity.”

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Olmek's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice10UFO View Post
    an application to protect my hard drive, i mean if its attached to another pc to not be able to use it.

ps: i have secret files some movies / tv series , small games and some music
    I didn't know such kind of applications.

But sometimes i do it like this
    First move all secret files into a file folder and make it +s +r
    Next rename it as Recycle Bin.{645ff040-5081-101b-9f08-00aa002f954e}
    And now it's a recycle bin.
    When using it ,just use softwares like winrar to rename it and open it ......

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmek View Post
    First move all secret files into a file folder and make it +s +r
    Next rename it as Recycle Bin.{645ff040-5081-101b-9f08-00aa002f954e}
    And now it's a recycle bin.
    When using it ,just use softwares like winrar to rename it and open it ......
    Heh, that's a good one. It'll deter the random noob trying to have a look at your files.

You can also disguise the folder as the Control Panel, Dial-Up Networking, My Computer and some others.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    QPD's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I have a better way to protect my files form noobs
    Too often, we loose sight of life's simple pleasures.Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother!%$@%# upside the head!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    so share it with us