Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spit On & Bite A Cop...

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by JPaul@21 October 2003 - 20:07
    So we now have the context of a convicted rapist and burglar. Who was also a wife beater and assaulted the Police Officers by spitting at them and biting one of them.

I suspect that may be the reason for the "harsh" sentence. Like I said earlier, it looks like the Judge has thought, enough.

Antecedents are important in sentencing.
    Yeah I know antecedents are important but....ouch I did NOT know the "guidelines" in sentenceing for "placing bodily fluids on a government employee". Hell you can get life for that?

If there wasn't the 4 years to life sentencing in the guidelines he could not get THAT sentence for THAT crime.

As I said antecedents do not take precedent over established sentencing guidelines. Antecedents are the guide for minimum and maximum sentencing.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    BANNED
    You seem worried by this Busyman, is it "Three strikes and you're out!" where you live?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23

No I'm in Washington DC. I've been held in jail (for suspicion)but not arrested (when I was muuuuuch younger). I do have some friends in a "3 strikes" state that are on strike 2.

I lead a good life though and just wish some of these knuckleheads on the street would get their act together.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Poster
    I take your point, there is a minimum and maximum sentence for the offence in question.

The judge would then take the antecedents (previous convictions) to decide where within this scale he would sentence.

In this case the judge has decided to go for the max, because of the previous convictions. Obviously if the max were say 12 years then that is how high he could have gone. Just unlucky for this prick that the judge could give him life.

I say again, in this instance, I have little or no sympathy. Just another rapist and wife beater off the streets in my opinion. The only pity is he will get out, probably after a relatively short period.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    BANNED
    Originally posted by JPaul@23 October 2003 - 03:38
    The only pity is he will get out, probably after a relatively short period.
    Will he? I thought life was life in the US.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean+22 October 2003 - 19:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 22 October 2003 - 19:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@23 October 2003 - 03:38
    The only pity is he will get out, probably after a relatively short period.
    Will he? I thought life was life in the US.

[/b][/quote]
    Really, another mis-conception on my part. I had assumed parole was available for lifers, as it is in the UK.

Just shows what assumption does.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Busyman@22 October 2003 - 09:28

No I&#39;m in Washington DC. I&#39;ve been held in jail (for suspicion)but not arrested (when I was muuuuuch younger). I do have some friends in a "3 strikes" state that are on strike 2.

I lead a good life though and just wish some of these knuckleheads on the street would get their act together.
    Good for you, steering past youthful trouble to productive adulthood. Your admonition to the "knuckleheads" is, I hope, appreciated.

Wash. D.C. is a rough go.

It should be a model.

Stay busy, man.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Life is rarely life nowadays. I&#39;ve heard of people being put on parole after five years or so.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Poster
    though i argee the sentence was harsh and as other posts pointed out is it really?

My point is the law is nothing without teeth and people selected to up hold the law need to have that, while in an ideal world the actions of the police man would be judge too (to see if they where antaginisg) the point still remains on, only by givning our laws teeth, regardless of country in question, can we move towards a law abiding society

Edit to make more sense as pointed out by below post

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Originally posted by blackhatknight@29 October 2003 - 05:54
    though i argee the sentence was harsh and as other posts pointed out is it really my point is the law is nothing without teeth and people selected to up hold the law need to have that, while in an ideal world the actions of the police man would be judge too if they where antaginisg the point still remains on by givning our laws teeth regardless of nationality can we move towards a law abiding society

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123