Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clonecd Is No More

Double Agent
    "Thank you for your inquiry. From August 2003 our program will be illegal in Germany due to new copyrigh tlaws.Other european countries will follow... thus we are forced to discontinue the developement of our software. Otherwise we could be sentenced up to three years in prison.

CloneCD 4.2.0.2. will be the last version of this copy software. We"re sorry, but we have no other choice. Our company has moved to Switzerland, but we don"t know by now whether we will be safe from organizations like RIAA, MPAA, GEMA (Germany) there, thus we prefer to work on other software that is not forbidden. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Your Elaborate Bytes Team"

Source

so what's next?

they did good work but there is a lot of apps that does what clonecd does

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Alucard1475's Avatar Poster
    like what?? I mean put the cd in, clone it, put a blank one in, burn it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by Alucard1475@19 October 2003 - 08:41
    like what?? I mean put the cd in, clone it, put a blank one in, burn it.
    CD to CD burning. Meaning you put a blank cd in one cd-rom and the real in the other cd-rom.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Double Agent
    just off of the top of my head i can think of alcohol 120% and blind read/write, daemon-tools helps a lot so i dont even have to burn games and it's also good for playing copys of copy protected cds to be played.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    i think its a load of shit. how can someone stop you from developing software? thats like stoppping gun makers because people use them to kill (sometimes). its completely stupid and i dont buy it. just my opinion though.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    as the source says so....Elaborate Bytes UNOFFICIALLY announced....

riiiiiiiiiiiight

DWk

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    This has already been brought up before.
    SlySoft acquired CloneCD and they say they will release an update soon.

I wonder how long does "during the next weeks" mean?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@19 October 2003 - 13:11
    "Thank you for your inquiry. From August 2003 our program will be illegal in Germany due to new copyrigh tlaws.Other european countries will follow... thus we are forced to discontinue the developement of our software. Otherwise we could be sentenced up to three years in prison.

CloneCD 4.2.0.2. will be the last version of this copy software. We"re sorry, but we have no other choice. Our company has moved to Switzerland, but we don"t know by now whether we will be safe from organizations like RIAA, MPAA, GEMA (Germany) there, thus we prefer to work on other software that is not forbidden. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Your Elaborate Bytes Team"

Source

so what's next?

The last statement was not an official statement from Elaborate Bytes! We never judge about the legality or illegality of other companies' products. Another thing: As far as we are informed, the highest punishement for companies who sell software to circumvent copyright protections is one year in jail. The punishement of three years is for the people who really crack the software, the movies etc. and then sell it.

Concerning CloneCD: We never said that there will be no update anymore. It's right that CloneDVD took a lot of time and ressources, but: We do not give up CloneCD! Let us breathe a little bit after the release of CloneDVD, let the new Copyright law come into force and then we'll see how to proceed.
    Source,scroll down a bit.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Octopussy
    wasnt clone cd closed liek a long time ago? i though it was liek last year or somting

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    http://www.elby.ch/en/products/clone_cd/index.html

I hope we see this product continue with development. Even if by someone else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast