Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where Can I Update My Bios

bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Please send me a ling or something of a place where I can update my bios , or find information about the one I have now so I know which version it is and what CPU's I can put into it.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    go to the site for your motherboard manufacturer, e.g ASUS

you should be able to find it there...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    What brand and model motherboard is this for?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    another question u need to ask urself is y u want to update bios? cuz u can damage ur bios chip and render ur mobo useless. that&#39;s bad. now, unless ur an ocer and wanna take the risks, but i&#39;m fine with mine, and i&#39;m not goin anyfurther than 2.6 on my 2.4.

if u don&#39;t oc, there&#39;s not much of a point of updating bios, unless something isn&#39;t compatible

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    @abu_has_the_power. Read his first post. I think he wants to upgrade his CPU. Updating the BIOS can allow him to run the fastest supported CPU.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@19 October 2003 - 15:13
    @abu_has_the_power. Read his first post. I think he wants to upgrade his CPU. Updating the BIOS can allow him to run the fastest supported CPU.
    oh, oops. sory. ok, find out wat the manufacuture of ur mobo is. sisoft sandra will tell u that. then go to the site, look around in dls and find the bios update. wat u need to do is get a floppy, format and check the MAKE A STARTUP DISK OPTION. then the files u dl from ur mobo site, u copy them to the floppy. make sure there&#39;s 2 files, one that says: awdflash, and the other file (i get a rom file). restart and put the disk in. and type the awdflash
    then u follow onscreen instructions

i never did it, but i no how. so i&#39;m not really sure wat happens after u run awdflash. or u can get a prog called foxupdate. it came with my mobo. u can backup and update bios rite in windows. weird. never tried it.

good luck. but watch out. updating bios might damage ur chipset and bios chip

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+19 October 2003 - 10:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power &#064; 19 October 2003 - 10:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234@19 October 2003 - 15:13
    oh, oops. sory. ok, find out wat the manufacuture of ur mobo is. sisoft sandra will tell u that. then go to the site, look around in dls and find the bios update. wat u need to do is get a floppy, format and check the MAKE A STARTUP DISK OPTION. then the files u dl from ur mobo site, u copy them to the floppy. make sure there&#39;s 2 files, one that says: awdflash, and the other file (i get a rom file). restart and put the disk in. and type the awdflash
    then u follow onscreen instructions

i never did it, but i no how. so i&#39;m not really sure wat happens after u run awdflash. or u can get a prog called foxupdate. it came with my mobo. u can backup and update bios rite in windows. weird. never tried it.

good luck. but watch out. updating bios might damage ur chipset and bios chip[/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s good advice but it makes the asumption that it&#39;s an Award BIOS. We don&#39;t know that yet.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Abu,

What is "foxupdate"?

Google returned nothing.

Who makes it?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Gigabyte also has a BIOS live update for in Windows. I wouldn&#39;t trust that. Too much chance for corruption.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@19 October 2003 - 08:43
    Gigabyte also has a BIOS live update for in Windows. I wouldn&#39;t trust that. Too much chance for corruption.
    Why would that be?

Don&#39;t you DL the update from the same site if you plan to burn to a floppy anyway?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast