Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What.cd and Waffles ban Azureus and Deluge

Quote Originally Posted by brightsid View Post
    If there was a logical excuse then I would try to change my client. In the announcement there isn't.
    The "excuse" they're giving is that a large chunk of the cheating they deal with comes from those two clients, and so they found themselves forced to ban them.

Personally I don't believe that you using rtorrent in console will make feel more man like they are saying
    Heh, that's subjective, yes.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by brightsid View Post
    Personally I don't believe that you using rtorrent in console will make feel more man like they are saying
    I think that was meant as a joke bud
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    The Deluge ban is warranted from the statistics I've seen myself.
    I haven't seen them, and I've been using Deluge for the past couple years.

Kinda sucks, now I'm going to have to open a new client for one single tracker. I don't do a whole lot of downloading from What/Waffles. But this is still going to be an annoyance when I do decide to grab something.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    brightsid's Avatar Larisssssssaaaaaaa BT Rep: +4
    My expression was a joke too not worse than the original. Anyway there is an immunity to inactivity rules for power user or above at what so I just keep an inactive account and if I want something I can't find anywhere else I'll use another client
    Last edited by brightsid; 02-18-2010 at 07:59 PM.
    We make a living by what we get,
    we make a life by what we give

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    This was a very poor decision made by both trackers.

They ban two vastly used clients, just as a new questionable Utorrent 2.0 is released that not all trackers agree on.
    Its obvious that a decision like this should have been made after all the issues with utorrent 2.0 were cleared.
    Its very clear through the announcement made that waffles has a problem with azureus. I personally think they are offended that azureus doesn't care for them, and refuses to aid them.
    Whatever the case may be I think it is their site and they can ban clients as they please. Although this should have been done at a later point in time.

In addition I find what.cd anouncment to be pathetic and insulting to all azureus and deluge users. They post so little reasoning and offer no help to azureus and deluge users.
    They could care less if their members leave over the favorite BT client being banned.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 02-18-2010 at 08:16 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    They certainly should have waited until uTorrent 2.0 was more universally accepted and proven before forcing people to make the switch. And they definitely should have waited for Transmission to get their acts together, though perhaps version 1.9 fixes some of the issues that have been plaguing the 1.8x series.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Knowing the ins and outs of cheating myself, I can assure you banning Azureus won't deter cheating at all.
    Isn't this more about making it easier for the staff/scripts to distinguish cheaters from 'bad' clients, rather than banning the clients a cheater uses?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    ExtraDry's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Utorrent has just got more powerful by this decision troubling times ahead when one client has this much power.
    Means they can do what they want and you can do fuck all about it.
    Champagne bottles have been open at UT

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    This doesn't affect me as I've been solely using utorrent as many other users, but it's a shame to see such a feature rich client (which is part of why it's more resource heavy I think) that was easily the #2 choice to be banned from a tracker. Eliminates a lot of choice that the user has in choosing a client of their preference.

And ExtraDry brings up a good point, if this has any sort of a domino effect it could mean bad things ahead for Azureus.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    This doesn't affect me as I've been solely using utorrent as many other users, but it's a shame to see such a feature rich client (which is part of why it's more resource heavy I think) that was easily the #2 choice to be banned from a tracker. Eliminates a lot of choice that the user has in choosing a client of their preference.

And ExtraDry brings up a good point, if this has any sort of a domino effect it could mean bad things ahead for Azureus.
    The majority of Azureus use comes from public trackers, and I think the fact that they wouldn't comply with a large private tracker shows they don't care.

Its so convenient for new users to use Azureus because of their built in search options and easy queuing options. They profit off the searches done on the vuze network because its intergrated right in.
    I can see clearly from a buisness aspect why they may not even want to be involved with private trackers, as it doesn't involve any of their own software/vuze network.

BitComet for instance has been blacklisted mostly everywhere but still runs with tons of supporters till this day.....
    Vuze has 10x the BT client BitComet will ever have and will always be a leader in windows clients because of its simplicity and integration of all aspects of BT on the client software itself.

I also only use utorrent as I don't need any of the features offered in vuze and I prefer a more light BT client. So I don't really mind the ban, but as the old saying goes "don't put all your eggs in one basket".
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 02-18-2010 at 09:56 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast