Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting kicked off Windows 7 RC!

Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post

All you need to do is skip the updates and you'll be fine.

If you choose to roll the dice and still do the updates, your computer will basically go into the restricted use and constant reboots that the beta versions are also fixing to do.
    You would think that it would be easy to locate the 2 hour reboot code and change it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tv Controls you View Post

All you need to do is skip the updates and you'll be fine.

If you choose to roll the dice and still do the updates, your computer will basically go into the restricted use and constant reboots that the beta versions are also fixing to do.
    You would think that it would be easy to locate the 2 hour reboot code and change it.
    The cracked beta versions did; that's what the cracks did. It's the original betas that are going to become limited versions.

The full versions that are cracked are going to do the same thing if you download the Windows update.

yo

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    The cracked beta versions did; that's what the cracks did. It's the original betas that are going to become limited versions.

The full versions that are cracked are going to do the same thing if you download the Windows update.
    yea I'm saying you would think that a hacking team could easily prevent the 2 hour reboots.

Also is the windows update already released for the detection of cracked versions?
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 02-20-2010 at 11:02 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

yea I'm saying you would think that a hacking team could easily prevent the 2 hour reboots.

I guess you're not understanding what I'm saying.

The release groups can circumvent the two hour reboots, etc. and they already have with the cracked beta versions. They will also continue to release versions of the final release as fully cracked. However, if a user decides to download a Windows update that re-writes that code or writes new code to your OS which "fixes" the crack, there isn't much the release groups can do. That would be the users fault. Users of a cracked OS should know not to download updates.

Also is the windows update already released for the detection of cracked versions?
    Yes.

“The Update is designed to run on all editions of Windows 7, although we will distribute first to the Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise editions. It will be available online at www.microsoft.com/genuine beginning February 16 and on the Microsoft Download Center beginning February 17. Later this month, the update will also be offered through Windows Update as an ‘Important’ update,” Williams stated.
    Last edited by Skiz; 02-21-2010 at 12:56 AM.

yo

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    brilman's Avatar Poster
    Never really liked the whole "windows update" thing as most updates tend to plug 1 hole and open 10 more lol.

plus it seems that there's a new update every few hours for this or that..

I check every now and then just to see whats new.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16

I guess you're not understanding what I'm saying.

The release groups can circumvent the two hour reboots, etc. and they already have with the cracked beta versions. They will also continue to release versions of the final release as fully cracked. However, if a user decides to download a Windows update that re-writes that code or writes new code to your OS which "fixes" the crack, there isn't much the release groups can do. That would be the users fault. Users of a cracked OS should know not to download updates.
    Sorry skiz I just misunderstood your post lol

I overlooked the idea that they would correct the anti-reboot code in the update . such a simple fix to the hack, but then again couldn't we reapply it after updating?

I guess I can't get updates past feb 17ths or they will shut me down lol...
    This whole ordeal might make me end up back on my legit copy of 64x vista , naaa I rather reboot every 2 hours lol.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 02-21-2010 at 05:38 AM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I'm kinda looking forward to the phone calls from friends and family that were stoopid enough to D/L the KB971033 update , NOT .

Maybe time to change my phone number me thinks . We went thru this with Vista when it first came out , no big deal . Just install a cracked version , or run the new Windows Activator . I'm curious about the Win 7 Ultimate disk , with out WAT that I have burning a hole in my desk draw .

I'v all so yet to try the pre-activated slip-streamed versions floating around , as I'm still on the BIE and not too worried ....

Bye the way I don't even have a Genuine screen or icon in my control panel , must be the BIE OEM version I'm running or the WAT remover crack I tried but thought I replaced . Its tuff when you get old and fart around with all the software that I try .
    Last edited by peat moss; 02-21-2010 at 10:52 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Well my time is up guys, 11 days left until it starts rebooting my computer every 2 hours lol.
    I seem to be the only lone soul still running on the windows 7 release candidate. Which in all reality is around 20x more stable than vista lol.
    I was running it as well up until last weekend.
    It was running flawlessly as well and I also would have left it if not for this rebooting thing coming up.
    I downloaded "Microsoft Windows 7 ULTIMATE x64 Integrated February 2010 OEM DVD-BIE" and installed it without any problems.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    abosamer's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I use December 64x -bie as kiz version , and about the news that MS declared about , it's not mainly for cracked releases , but it might be one of the reasons , but the main reason ; I think , is because of the MSDN keys that look 100 % valid , and u can activate ur windows by connecting to microsoft and it will send back that ur license is 100 % original

I use one so far , which I got for free ( black market price is liek 5 $ ) and it works fine for like 3 months now .

but things still not clear what that security update exactly for .

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    +1 to what TSOL said.
    But keep in mind that MS plans to soon release an update to detect those fake activations.
    There's an article about that on the news section here. Might want to take a look.
    Also, it's is a OPTIONAL update, so just turn of auto-update-install, just do "check for updates" and choose not that update, I'm sure it will be bundled in RC1 anyway, they can't blacklist every OEM key! People would be pissed....as of now the DAZ loaders still works, but if you want to know about Windows 7 and getting around anything, check over at MDL(mydigitallife), go the forums and then Windows 7 forum
    [center]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast