Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting kicked off Windows 7 RC!

Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Well my time is up guys, 11 days left until it starts rebooting my computer every 2 hours lol.
    I seem to be the only lone soul still running on the windows 7 release candidate. Which in all reality is around 20x more stable than vista lol.

To get to the point:

I need to get the best 64 bit windows 7 release out to date.
    If someone could recommend a release name or release team or anything that would help me obtain a genuine copy of windows 7 64x bit that would be great.
    Because I hate playing the format and install a different version of windows game all day lol.

*on a side note I didn't know if I should put this in filesharing or software lol....
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 02-20-2010 at 02:21 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I'm not a huge user of pirated windows so my knowledge is few and far between, but I'm still on RC1 as well, right there with ya .

I've been far too lazy to reformat my drive right now but I have a legit copy lying around. I'll probably end up waiting until the last day...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Microsoft.Windows.7.ULTIMATE.x64.Integrated.December.2009.OEM.DVD-BIE

I used this, and have had no problems. It works with the mandatory security updates, and Microsoft Security Essentials even detects it as legit, which is unexpected and nice.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    +1 to what TSOL said.
    But keep in mind that MS plans to soon release an update to detect those fake activations.
    There's an article about that on the news section here. Might want to take a look.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    I'm not a huge user of pirated windows so my knowledge is few and far between, but I'm still on RC1 as well, right there with ya .

I've been far too lazy to reformat my drive right now but I have a legit copy lying around. I'll probably end up waiting until the last day...
    Lol glad to see I'm not the only one completely satisfied with the RC.
    I would have never upgraded if they didn't force me, I haven't had one issue to date with it.

But I will try the release cabalo and truesounds speak of...
    *edit* I took a look and everyone is complaining about it not passing validation, and that at any moment microsoft could update it and make it not work.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 02-20-2010 at 05:59 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    here is an easy way of doing things on your own with original ms isos

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thr...s-7-Repository

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    The one TSOL recommended is probably fine. I've been using this version:

Microsoft Windows 7 ULTIMATE x64 OEM DVD-BIE

...so the BIE releases seem to be reliable. Let us know what you go with.

yo

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    The one TSOL recommended is probably fine. I've been using this version:

Microsoft Windows 7 ULTIMATE x64 OEM DVD-BIE

...so the BIE releases seem to be reliable. Let us know what you go with.
    I have downloaded the December release as True recommended it, and I'll take his word lol.

I'll be sure to post my results within the next week, depending on when I get around to backing up and then formatting
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 02-20-2010 at 06:25 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    +1 to what TSOL said.
    But keep in mind that MS plans to soon release an update to detect those fake activations.
    There's an article about that on the news section here. Might want to take a look.
    I read about that on an FST news post. The way it was written implied that there wouldn't really be any consequences but it would force you to keep up with the security updates to help the security of pc's in general, or something like that, right? I don't know, I skimmed the article over real fast, but I didn't take any urgency out of that news..

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSounds View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    +1 to what TSOL said.
    I read about that on an FST news post. The way it was written implied that there wouldn't really be any consequences but it would force you to keep up with the security updates to help the security of pc's in general, or something like that, right? I don't know, I skimmed the article over real fast, but I didn't take any urgency out of that news..
    All you need to do is skip the updates and you'll be fine.

If you choose to roll the dice and still do the updates, your computer will basically go into the restricted use and constant reboots that the beta versions are also fixing to do.

yo

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast