Thread: My Computer No Longer Connects To Internet?

_John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Well, as stated in the title, my regular computer no longer connects to the internet, connects to my network, or shows up on it, for some reason.

On my Microsoft wired m-100 base station, the light there my other computer is connected is green, just like the one where this one is connected is green.

Also, the activity light on my motorola SB4200 Modem is staying orange mostly. So I have full internet connectivity on this computer, but not on my usual one.

When I go to my network connections on the other computer, I only see my 1394 Connector I believe, but when I click on properties, it shows no packets recieved or sent. It also doesnt show at all the gateway residental device that usually shows up, which is my router I believe.

I reinstalled drivers for my network adapter, reset my cable modem and my router, but it still wont connect, or show up on my network.

Guys, im out of ideas and open to any suggestions, at all.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Do a windows reinstall if u want all the drivers to be reinstalled (this will refresh windows and help with problems like this).
    I'm saying this because it's what helped me awhile back.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    yea...happened to me twice....i had to reformat

DWk

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@19 October 2003 - 18:30
    Do a windows reinstall if u want all the drivers to be reinstalled (this will refresh windows and help with problems like this).
    I'm saying this because it's what helped me awhile back.
    I thought the network card drivers are on my Motherboard drivers CD, or are there other drivers for the internet?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_+19 October 2003 - 23:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (_John_Lennon_ @ 19 October 2003 - 23:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Wolfmight@19 October 2003 - 18:30
    I&#39;m saying this because it&#39;s what helped me awhile back.
    I thought the network card drivers are on my Motherboard drivers CD, or are there other drivers for the internet? [/b][/quote]
    not sure if u already re-installed windows or not (somethin i wouldn&#39;t do 4 a problem like that) - but if u drop 2 a command prompt and type ipconfig, do u have an ip address bound 2 the nic, or is it still not installed properly?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I&#39;ve already reinstalled, and then reformatted and reinstalled, and it still doesnt work.

And from the places where there is usually an IP address, and gateway address, and subnet mask, there is nothing.

Im going to buy a NIC card today or tomorrow, and see if that works, if not, then I have no idea what im going to do.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@20 October 2003 - 23:18
    I&#39;ve already reinstalled, and then reformatted and reinstalled, and it still doesnt work.

And from the places where there is usually an IP address, and gateway address, and subnet mask, there is nothing.

Im going to buy a NIC card today or tomorrow, and see if that works, if not, then I have no idea what im going to do.
    i&#39;m sure a new nic will fix. kinda the easy but costly fix i guess - unless u count ur time as money -