Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moved on..is it just me?

captive's Avatar speaks.his.mind
    well it came to that time in my life when i just had to move on. after co starting a scene grp and being involved with that for years, then moving to NG and now sacking off all my scene and NG stuff and doing the ultimate about face and using bittorrent only.

it all just becomes a bit infantile, uploading, seeding, all the bitching and moaning, begging for invites, now i just grab what i want when i want and save myself alot of time, and thats not all that much.

life just moves on, wife baby and that, just wondered if we all get to that stage at some point, or is it just me?
    ///dont.let.the.bastards.get.you.down\\\

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Zac090's Avatar t3h n00b BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by captive View Post
    is it just me?
    Maybe
    I know that I still use torrents

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I am currently in the denial phase.

But I guess, at some point of all this drama you do realise that you don't really need all this bullshit to do what you want to do, which is basically to download some shit.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Zac090's Avatar t3h n00b BT Rep: +3
    True that^^^
    But its fine as long as torrents don't become a part of your life,as long as you are an average member (of some tracker) downloading and seeding stuff its all good

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Why is there so much drama everywhere you turn in BT....

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac090 View Post
    True that^^^
    But its fine as long as torrents don't become a part of your life,as long as you are an average member (of some tracker) downloading and seeding stuff its all good
    exactly lol.It turns to shit when all you do all day long is checking the same sites and\or uploading GBs a day, when you dman well know you'll never ever download that much or downlaoding anything from them at all.

so its like noob--->expert,have it all--->fuck it, what am I doing?--->back to being a noob.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by captive View Post
    now i just grab what i want when i want and save myself alot of time, and thats not all that much.
    Same happened to me. That's why I moved to the newsgroups, peace of mind, easy and simple.
    I still call myself an idiot for having spent money on seedboxes in the past.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    I just download stuff, and dont involv myself in e-drama

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    There is usually a time for any hobby you do, and then there is a time where you have to move on.

I'm sure in a couple of years you'll feel bored with what you do in your life, and tell your wife and kids that you need to start entertaining yourself with something new. Then you get a new job, and decide to allot more time to it by giving up your hobby, then a person at your new job invites you to something he wants you to do...

That's the whole point of life. If we're constantly stuck doing one thing, then you die incomplete. It's like going to the amusement park and playing one ride all day, sure you might enjoy it but you miss out on the chance to go on the other ones. If you're stuck on just torrenting, or just fencing, or just being a good fatherly figure, you never experience the rest of things in life. If you moved on, good for you. Put that new found spare time into something else.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    manuniac's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I've never come across all the bitchiness and crap i've heard goes on.
    Basically i've got a few good trackers which I regularly use,but I don't get involved in forums apart from reading them.I find it works out brilliantly.
    As for what you're saying,I wholeheartedly agree with everything you are saying.
    A lot of people are drama queens,attention seekers or power freaks,and the web gives them a perfect outlet for these traits.And people actually encourage them by replying and starting a s**t storm.
    So yeah good for you and I hope you find your life more fulfilling,and kids are a joy to watch growing up.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast