View Poll Results: Do you use Azureus/Vuze?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 28.05%
  • No

118 71.95%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you use Azureus/Vuze?

Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    Would be intersted in finding the best replacement for Waffles/What? as well.
    Probably a uTorrent instance for those two trackers, if you want to keep on using Vuze.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Quote Originally Posted by kcuestag View Post
    There are other WAY BETTER alternatives to Vuze to be honest.
    To be honest, huh?

Name one client that will rename torrent folders, rename files and relocate those files within new subfolders, while retaining the ability to seed to completion. Ya, I've read that you can do it in utorrent, but all the renaming has to be done outside the program. I tried it and it is a total pain in the ass compared to how easy it is to do from within Vuze.

The queue feature, while quite nice, I could learn to live without. The other advanced features I've grown to rely on, especially on sites that don't enforce any naming conventions.

I tried to switch over some torrents from Vuze to utorrent. There very first one mind you, had a folder name of 'compilations.' When I look at that one six months from now, I won't have a clue what it is.

I didn't bother after that. On the few torrents I've downloaded with utorrent, I've found that speeds are a lot slower in both directions.
    Last edited by RolloTomasi; 02-26-2010 at 05:16 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I haven't tried them yet, only because of system resources.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    People who say that Vuze is too resource intensive are wrong. Other than at startup, CPU usage is about the same. Memory usage is higher, but this shouldn't be a problem if you have a gig or more installed.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Quote Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
    Other than at startup, CPU usage is about the same. Memory usage is higher, but this shouldn't be a problem if you have a gig or more installed.
    Agreed. Resource usage was never an issue for me back when I used Vuze. It took longer to start up than uTorrent, of course, but afterwards I didn't even notice it was running.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Since you just posted above me(anon),I got a Q 4 ya,can like the vuze mods be used for anything else other than cheating.Herd that they can spoof clients and stuff,thinking those who be whining about the vuze ban could just get your modded clients and set em to spoof the allowed clients but without the upload faking ish.
    Could be a yes or no question.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    Herd that they can spoof clients
    You heard right.

thinking those who be whining about the vuze ban could just get your modded clients and set em to spoof the allowed clients but without the upload faking ish.
    Most trackers ban people who spoof their client. The tracker couldn't detect it, but it'd still be breaking the rules.
    Last edited by anon; 02-26-2010 at 06:08 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    You heard right.

thinking those who be whining about the vuze ban could just get your modded clients and set em to spoof the allowed clients but without the upload faking ish.
    Most trackers ban people who spoof their client. The tracker couldn't detect it, but it'd still be breaking the rules.
    thks that would be all.Kinda compares to oral sex like you are having sex but you actually aint having it.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    I love your comparisons

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    no.
    I tried it 6 years ago though.. but I liked Bitcomet more at the time.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast