Thread: What Lawsuit? Pirates Still Sharing Hurt Locker

Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    What Lawsuit? Pirates Still Sharing Hurt Locker
    July 7, 2010 - By Jane McEntegart - Source : Tom's Guide US

" It seems the lawsuit filed against BitTorrent users by the producers of the Hurt Locker has done little to deter users on the popular file-sharing site.

Back in May, the Hurt Locker producers announced that they had enlisted the help of a Washington D.C.-based firm called The U.S. Copyright Group and would be suing thousands of BitTorrent users for illegally downloading The Hurt Locker. A few weeks later, the production company filed suit against 5,000 torrenters.

However, it seems the suit has not affected downloads of the movie on BitTorrent. TorrentFreak reports that download statistics for the movie are nearly in line with May.

"In June, the film was downloaded little over 200,000 times, which puts it in the top 25 of most downloaded movies last month. Considering that the film has been available on BitTorrent for more than a year already, this high download number is quite an achievement and only a few percent less than the previous month."

Though it seems as though many BitTorrent users are just continuing to download the movie and hoping they don't get caught, it's just as likely that users aren't aware of the suit and, as a result, aren't aware of the consequences.

TorrentFreak points out that, ironically enough, the Hurt Locker producers haven't asked BitTorrent to take the download links down (there are more than 200). Could that be because they're going to make a boatload of money off of people pirating the movie?

Read the full story here. "

Source: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Piracy-I...news-7345.html

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    darkstate01's Avatar Poster
    Does sound a bit suss, If they didn't want people downloading there hard earned oscar winning film, the first they should of done is target the companies giving the links to the Illegal sites where the films are on.

I've always thought that companies leak their films/games/programs just to get some free advertising. Then if its a failure jump on the bandwagon of file sharing is killing the industry.
    PAIN is just WEAKNESS leaving the body

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    Who cares, it's a very disappointing film anyway.

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Speedo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I fucking hate this new text. Takes me forever to read things... Crap!

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Change it fucking then!!!! Wow people complain about the tiniest things.
    [center]

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
    I fucking hate this new text. Takes me forever to read things... Crap!
    1 - Try changing the skin

2 - Increase the font sizes of your browser

3 - Get a bigger monitor

4 - Who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.