Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tmpgenc Converted No Audio

yxuz's Avatar Learning To Conform
    I have converted some 2 cd files (2 avi files) movies with tmpgenc (the best tool they all say)
    like pirates of carribean, and 25th hour

and the new created mpg files were all silent, though the video is fine
    nothing goes wrong when I convert single file movies
    and I never touch any settings
    so I assume it's the 2 avi movies' problem

can anyone solve this problem for me?
    please

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Just extract the audio using virtualdub by going file>open video file then audio>full processing mode then file>save wav. Once done then get a program named Headache (make sure u get all plugins) then load the .wav set the destination to .mp2 and then set it to the quality u want by cliking options twice then let that go then finally u get a program named bbmpeg then u go to start encoding load your vs stream (that's the .m1v or m2v file) then the as stream 1 (the .mp2 u just made) then go to program and set it to whatever u made .m1v is VCD and .mp2 is SVCD then once done with that hit start. and when that finishes u will have a .mpg.
    Also, next time use Tmpgenc to encode and put it on System (Audio+Video)

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    yxuz's Avatar Learning To Conform
    er, like I said at the start
    I didnt touch any settings at all
    so the System (Audio+Video) always remains System (Audio+Video)
    I have no problem with other single file movies

anyway I thank you for the reply
    just one question...
    is there any easy way?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    BANNED
    Yes mate,theres no need to extract the audio .Just goto file>envionmental settings>vfapi plugins and increase the directshow to the top of the list.If still the same increase it a little more.And it should read every file without probs.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    If he doesn't have any audio then he needs to extract it from the .avi regardless of vpafi (spelling)

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    BANNED
    No he doesnt mate.Theres no need to extract any audio .tmpg reads all formats fine.You just need to know how tmpenc up correctly.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    muchspl2
    yep these settings should convert everthing just fine, he should remove all the bad frames first with divxrepaire
    http://divxrepair.sourceforge.net/

then when finished he need to adjust his setting to match these, don't worrie about any you don't have

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    I had the same problem as YXUZ!

And i used the settings that Muchspl2 recommends but i still had no sound for x-men 2 .Avi converting it to .MPEg 2?????????????

I read somewhere that you have to extract the audio with Virtual dub and turn it into an .Ac3 file then convert that with Headac3he! But i have'nt converted it yet to tell whether this worked!

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    muchspl2
    never had a problem, but have done gre1's way a few times making kvcd's
    does x2 play normally as a avi?

edit:
    its in the second kvcd method, same concept instead of headache it uses besweet (little faster the headache)

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Originally posted by ck-uk@21 October 2003 - 16:44
    No he doesnt mate.Theres no need to extract any audio .tmpg reads all formats fine.You just need to know how tmpenc up correctly.
    Any Chance of letting us into your secret formula for setting up TMPGEnc correctly so we don't have to extract audio from any film regardless of what audio it has?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast