Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2431323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: NZB Indexing sites

Quote Originally Posted by famoussasjohn View Post
    nzbs.org will be going down completely forever on April 17th.
    This was the comment they made today -
    The time has come to close this site. Due to recent life changes I unfortunately no longer have the time or resources to keep NZBs(dot)ORG running. Since I don't want to see this site decline any further I've decided that the time has finally come to retire it.

The site will close on April 17th which will hopefully give you enough time to find another nzb source if you don't have one already. Feel free to recommend alternate sites here if you want for people that need a new home.

It feels like this site was started a lifetime ago, and for those of you that have been here since the beginning you probably feel the same. Over the past 12 years we've seen many changes to the usenet culture with lots ups and downs along the way. It was a fun ride to say the least, thank you for taking it with me.

It's been my main go to site for roughly 10 years now. I'm still checking here, but am looking at NZBgeek and abNZB as alternatives. Usenet-crawler seems like it's back (for now), but was either down for long periods of time the past few months so I gave up on it. Not sure if they ever had an invite system, I was fortunate enough to create an account before they took off the registration page.

2. Newsgroups   -   #332
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by famoussasjohn View Post
    It feels like this site was started a lifetime ago, and for those of you that have been here since the beginning you probably feel the same. Over the past 12 years we've seen many changes to the usenet culture with lots ups and downs along the way. It was a fun ride to say the least, thank you for taking it with me.
    So he did give a reason(s) why he is shutting it down. You should also check on Reddit and see if there are any more details or comments??

It's been my main go to site for roughly 10 years now. I'm still checking here, but am looking at NZBgeek and abNZB as alternatives. Usenet-crawler seems like it's back (for now), but was either down for long periods of time the past few months so I gave up on it. Not sure if they ever had an invite system, I was fortunate enough to create an account before they took off the registration page.
    Funny are those some nzbs.org recommended??
    Well i can say you have a few good ones there you did pick and depending how much you download a day a few give you a limited downloads without any membership fee, I have been with Usenet Crawler for a very long time (BFF was cheap), if you went to his chat site there was more explanation why there was a downtime, but it should be up for a while now, I actually like that site because it ups everything, and pretty much every format, plus a ton more older posts that my Usenet provider really gets everything,and yes it is a pain in the butt for the multiple posts of things, but it also gives all the Usenet Providers to actually get an NZB that still works and not blocked..

So saying which ones you are looking as alternates and there is a few more that i would think are pretty good as well?? Did you pick those because they are close to nzbs.org content?? I am thinking the setup would be more like NZB.su or Dognzb (that i am surprised you didn't mention??) ??

Again FamousJohn, because it was such a pain in the butt to get a membership at nzbs.org?? The go too sites were always NZB.su and Dognzb?? Don't get me wrong they are both really good!!, But honestly to myself, they are not always the best, there are a few more that i prefer or where i go first, but again depends what you are looking for right??
    If i were you don't delete the links so fast to nzbs.org, and see maybe someone else will take over the site?? Really take a peek on Reddit, and I am thinking there are some die hard people that do like the site??
    And i didn't mean any disrespect or trying to be a know it all, i see you have been around Usenet for a while, saying you been at nzbs.org for 10 years, but i have learned i never put all my eggs in one basket when it comes to this stuff, even with actual Usenet providers, you have to say the loyalty days are long gone like Giganews etc in the days, the same goes with NZB sites, as i said some sites only post only certain formats and or some work with newznab or bot retrieval systems and some still have manual posters......
    Hope you find and alternate site you are happy with

Shay

3. Newsgroups   -   #333
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    As a nzbs.org refugee who missed the forum post, I've found nzb.su to be a close alternative. Granted to get any real benefit (API, HD cats, >3 dl/day) you have to pay.

You don't realise how spoilt you are until it goes. Nzbs was perfect. Featureful with no ads/payment schemes.
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 05-05-2019 at 12:01 PM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

4. Newsgroups   -   #334
    drunkenslug worthy as well

5. Newsgroups   -   #335
    DrunkenSlug is open for signup

6. Newsgroups   -   #336
    I just tried. Bar is closed.

7. Newsgroups   -   #337
    This is extremely helpful. Thank you for compiling all this useful information in one post. Tremendous work.

8. Newsgroups   -   #338
    Can anyone provide an updated list?

9. Newsgroups   -   #339
    I think it's good that most don't have public viewing. Helps with retention.

10. Newsgroups   -   #340
    I should check back into drunkenslug here soon.

Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2431323334353637 ... LastLast