Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The "thank You" Campaign

Poster
    I just thought of a great idea for Kazaa users. This idea requires no additional software or tech jargon.

Simply right click on each of your downloads, click "Send Message to this user" and type in a quick Thank-You! note to each one of them.

Many will have messaging turned off, and rightly so with all the Spam, but imagine a typical users' reaction. They see your message and think it's another Spam (many start off with Thank you for sharing&#33 and then they realize all it is, is a thank you. This will make them feel just a little better, and maybe they'll use Kazaa more if we share the love.

If you wanna be a cheap bastard (don't worry I do this too) write out your first Thank You note. Highlight the whole thing and hit Ctrl+Insert to copy it to the Clipboard. Now hit Send. Next one you open, merely hit Shift+Insert, to paste.

Let's try it. It certainly can't hurt anything.

PS - I'm not a Christian, if anyone's wondering. I'm a hippie.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    good thought i would propably spread, but like you say most people probably have sharing off.

EDIT: DarkReality where did you get your signature from, and is it available for using.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    That's why I (try to) thank the users who actually share.

www.DanaSoft.com - they will give you one, too, and let you configure it. They'll give you a unique URL to yours with your customized options. It's pretty sweet.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by firefox@21 October 2003 - 02:16
    good thought i would propably spread, but like you say most people probably have sharing off.

EDIT: DarkReality where did you get your signature from, and is it available for using.
    go here they have been around for a while if you need the code and have a php server let me know you can do your own

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    nice idea

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    I wish I was more active. I thanked someone the night I posted this (only one person was sharing with me at the time) and I just now thanked the one person that was sharing with me.

Damnit no blushing smiley! I wanted to put one at the end of that paragraph. Oh well.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Great idea...I've done it myself, considering i am still a noob it is the least I can do until I have a better grasp on all the Apps I can do to make this s*%t stay on line

All the Movies and Music I have DL'ed have payed for my computer 3x over...a simple thank you is the LEAST I can do :beerchug:

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    lol. I have an emule mod that allows to rightclick a client and send a quick "phuck you, bitch" and a "thank you". guess what button I pressed more often. and same thing with kazaa - I only open the messaging client to send a quick "phuck you, modem bitch, phuck off with your 1kb/sec" No, really, there is nothing to thank for. If my speed goes up, then only when I download files having 300+ sources, but then in most cases individual speed is still phucking low. sometimes I get 70 kb from just one person, but never for more than 1 min, which is nothing, 6 mb, so what? after 1 min. they always disappear and the modem people come back like zombies, torturing me with their "speed"

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    WWFan...it's still free...right?

Just a thought...Guess now I'm gonna get a phuck u

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Retired
    so when I let my pc on @ night I will get 100 PM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast